• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Why I stopped sharing my resources and what to do next

If I had to give my opinion on this :::

Frankly,

What we do here? Not letting the main developers (good or bad) earn their money they actually deserve.

For example: Suppose in near future I become some script developer who sells really useful theme/plugin modules, now few people start re-distributing them.

SO, ARE NOT THEY HARMING ME? ONE CAN NOT DENY THIS.

I personally have seen a few themes, plugin developers who respond to my (customer) query very very fast, even one day I noticed the developer from ThemeForest replied to me within 10 minutes!

Will such good developers/team love that customer sharing their resources freely to somewhere else just for sake of name/popularity?

Even, frankly, I withdrew some resources from my share early in 2019, cause I truly thought deceiving those good team members won't be a generous idea to me.

FINALLY, REGARDING THIS TOPIC:

1. One thing is clear, we can not stop leeching, none of us can. This is reality, we have to be habituated to it.
  2. We are indeed also leecher, yeah many people here purchase resources, but many top contributors also leech other websites, I won't take their name, but I found the signature of other GPL websites inside their own resources as well. So, what should I call this?
  3. Many new people here leech from another website just to help people over here with good intension. That thing is appreciable, So, sometimes leeching is also good.

If we can't set any global rule to be applicable to over 100% of people here (which is impossible) we should just let it go as it is.

IN REALITY, WE INDEED ARE LEECHER TOO, I AM A LEECHER MYSELF, @Babak IS LEECHER TOO, BUT WE ARE TYPE OF GOOD LEECHER AS I MENTIONED IN ABOVE POINT #3.

IN SHORT & PRECISE:

WE LEECH OTHER, SO WHEN OTHER LEECHES US WE SHOULD NOT BE ANNOYED, DISTURBED, CREATE ADDITIONAL BARRIERS. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE FIRST STARTED IT, I - WE ARE ALREADY IN THE SAME LINE.

This is how it should work, If We expect to value our own works, we need to value other leecher's works also, we also need to value the main developer's jobs as well . .

THANK YOU . . .

To be honest, there's no way you can stop people from sharing what they downloaded from BB2 or from anywhere, that's the nature of the internet, share the resources, that's how the information age works.

You can put all types of "TOCs" and "Read Mes", it'll not work. Majority of the regulars here in BB2 have "READ THE RULES" in their signatures and guess what, but of course you gotta do what you gotta do.
Not being negative, just realistic.

Good luck, bro.

Why is this thread even started in the first place? We have discussed about these things numerous times and reached nowhere.
Instead of discouraging people to share resources by starting such threads, we should overlook such small things as the forum spirit and people here are important.
This thread is in negative scale in my view and pointless.

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
i stopped use 'gpl' site because some script use script directly from babiato.
even if babiato use pay to download, i think the leechers will spend the money to reupload in their site with more profit. the only 'simple' solution is stop registration and use referral system like losslessclub[dot]com. and delete inactive user from xxx time.
i wish babiato keep the same again with older system. as regular user who test script and get friends from babiato, i wish babiato avoid pay2download system.

sorry for my bad english

You are sharing the nulled scripts here on this forum! So take some time and think about the actual developers who developed their themes/scripts and made it license protected. And now irony is you are worried about it being leeched and protection? WOW! Slow Claps!
I use the nulled scripts for testing purposes, if I like them I buy them.
I tested 100's of things but I only liked some of them. This way you can find the right product for yourself.
I believe in supporting the developers, if they don't make money, they will stop developing the products and updating them.

The other thing some developers overcharge for the products and make crazy prices. When they see their product is doing well and almost everyone use it or want it they push their prices up.
Look at what Elementor is doing.
I don't feel sorry for those developers that are ripping people off.

I totally agree with @mader, btw, I have not read the entire thread, so I may repeat something said before.

1. We are sharing resources here that are usually protected by the original developer, so it is ironic that we propose implementing a license scheme for software that we work so hard defeating their original license scheme.
2. This community is about sharing resources, specially for people that are starting, but the majority of us, who are seriously in business don't use nulled plugins or themes, because if you are seriously in business you don't have the time to look for new versions, download, then upload, then test.... then repeat on all your sites. If you are making money you prefer to pay for support and automatic updates.
3. If we want to promote Babiato as a safe haven for safe resources, the only way I see, at the moment, that could work, it's an old recipe. Add a readme file or NFO file to all our downloads, indicating where it came from, who we are and a link to verify the files' checksum against a database of available downloads, this way anybody can make sure he/she has an "Original" resource form Babiato.
4. The last point has a caveat, if we make our forum too popular and people know for sure that Babiato releases are safe, then our Community becomes a big problem, and they may try to shut us down. That is because the virii and malware usually found in nulled software serves as a protection to the Original sellers, but if suddenly there is a community that offers the same product, for free and safe to use. Well, you can fill in the blanks. Of course this is a hyperbole, just in case we become too popular.
In conclusion, it is my opinion that we should not even think about licenses, it makes no sense, at the most we may think about implementing a checksum database, unless someone has a better idea.
i second this motion

Adding passwords and asking for passwords in DM for each single resource will kill the forum spirit.

I guess we had this kind of discussion previously too but didn't end up well.

What I suggest is to disable download of resources until the member reaches certain message or thanks number.
I can see where you're coming from. The only issue is... I found Babiato because I was looking for a specific plugin that I wanted to try out. So I came, downloaded the plugin as my first action. What searches bring people to Babiato? I could imagine many find it because they need something.

I think it would hurt the growth of the community... there's already a "you're new, you're no good" vibe.
It's a fine line, I guess. Babiato has to protect against fraud, but it also needs to be welcoming and attractive to new users.

Reactions: die2mrw007
In my mind, there is a basic difference between hacked and GPL. I'm not the judge here, I'm explaining why in one case I don't feel really bad.

What I do is to try a tool free, and then buy it if it's good. For instance, Thrive Themes. I am happy to pay, because they deserve it.

I had enough trouble with greedy developers (i.e. a tiny connection between Learndash and Storyline for $99 annualy....) where WORDPRESS gave most of the code free, ARTICULATE, WORDPRESS, and LEARNDASH created the market and the need without costing the developer a single cent in acquisition.)

Or horrible plugins from Envanto that you then can't return.

I also was fighting with overseas sellers of over $100 plugins that didn't work as they were supposed to. So I want to try before I buy or work with a company that offers refunds.

And then...

If a developer uses mostly free source code, the value they bring is in the support. Even if they invest time into programming, I feel it's kinda paid for as they get in front of thousands or millions of potential buyers without lifting a finger.

It's different (again, not judging.. just where I personally stand) if it's an API-based service where a company pays for server, etc. or when it's an original script.

For Babiato it's difficult. Most members fall in love with the site and need not be told to behave decent. The others....

It's a chain thingy here. Developers that use free source code and agree that it remains free get "stolen from" by GPL sites and communities, and then members of the community steal the "stolen" goods from the community.

I think there's no technological answer to that. As a race, we just have to become less shitty, greedy, selfish people.

• Love
Reactions: Mr G
Why is this thread even started in the first place? We have discussed about these things numerous times and reached nowhere.
Instead of discouraging people to share resources by starting such threads, we should overlook such small things as the forum spirit and people here are important.

First, the author is just expressing his disappointment RE: his stuff being redistributed on other websites.

Second, I'm sure not if all of the 100,000 members were here when you discussed "These things", sometime between Jun 4, 2020 and Feb 27, 2021.

Third, the author has all the right to express his disappointment, just check his Reaction score 2,328, you can equate that to "number of occasions or people he has helped".

Fourth, Good ideas and topics can come out of these kinds of interaction, we shouldn't discourage it. This is a learning opportunity.

Fifth, dismissing other people's valid opinion as "negative and pointless" is what should be discouraged.

be well.

You do realise that some of us have spent thousands of $$$$ of our own money to provide you with constantly updated resources that you can use FREE of charge?

So yes we are going to get pissed off when we see other sites selling and profiting from what we have paid for and provide to you for free.

Babiato spirit is this:

So no paid subscriptions, no clubs. Tho conditions may apply. As I won't give to everyone a script worth more than $500~$1000 because most won't know what to do with it and just get it to resell it on my back.
If this be the case, then we can't do anything about this topic anymore.

To work on leechers and those GPL folks, the rules has to be amended.

Modern Problems Requires Modern Solutions. 😅
If I had to give my opinion on this :::

Frankly,

What we do here? Not letting the main developers (good or bad) earn their money they actually deserve.

For example: Suppose in near future I become some script developer who sells really useful theme/plugin modules, now few people start re-distributing them.

SO, ARE NOT THEY HARMING ME? ONE CAN NOT DENY THIS.

I personally have seen a few themes, plugin developers who respond to my (customer) query very very fast, even one day I noticed the developer from ThemeForest replied to me within 10 minutes!

Will such good developers/team love that customer sharing their resources freely to somewhere else just for sake of name/popularity?

Even, frankly, I withdrew some resources from my share early in 2019, cause I truly thought deceiving those good team members won't be a generous idea to me.

FINALLY, REGARDING THIS TOPIC:

1. One thing is clear, we can not stop leeching, none of us can. This is reality, we have to be habituated to it.
  2. We are indeed also leecher, yeah many people here purchase resources, but many top contributors also leech other websites, I won't take their name, but I found the signature of other GPL websites inside their own resources as well. So, what should I call this?
  3. Many new people here leech from another website just to help people over here with good intension. That thing is appreciable, So, sometimes leeching is also good.

If we can't set any global rule to be applicable to over 100% of people here (which is impossible) we should just let it go as it is.

IN REALITY, WE INDEED ARE LEECHER TOO, I AM A LEECHER MYSELF, @Babak IS LEECHER TOO, BUT WE ARE TYPE OF GOOD LEECHER AS I MENTIONED IN ABOVE POINT #3.

IN SHORT & PRECISE:

WE LEECH OTHER, SO WHEN OTHER LEECHES US WE SHOULD NOT BE ANNOYED, DISTURBED, CREATE ADDITIONAL BARRIERS. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE FIRST STARTED IT, I - WE ARE ALREADY IN THE SAME LINE.

This is how it should work, If We expect to value our own works, we need to value other leecher's works also, we also need to value the main developer's jobs as well . .

THANK YOU . . .
Nailed it ✊

You do realise that some of us have spent thousands of $$$$ of our own money to provide you with constantly updated resources that you can use FREE of charge?

So yes we are going to get pissed off when we see other sites selling and profiting from what we have paid for and provide to you for free.
I am very well aware of this bro. Its just that we had previously discussed this very same topic multiple times and reached nowhere in a decision. You can ask Babak and cyberdevil too. In that thread too it was concluded, lets be how it is currently and move on as nothing much can be done practically.

someone who will upload to bulk sites resources from here will use scrapers proxies even custom codes like python etc so i suggest to moderate user agents, block proxy traffic from server and for newly members 15 days only view and commenting limit with rep system score to avoid the limit of 15 days by sharing back and helping to the community.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock