• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What's the best page builder for future?

Does Bricks Builder have "search by distance/search by radius/proximity search" or whatever its called?

You know when you go on a property listing/directory site and they have lots of search filters, you put the post code or city and then you use the slider to choose how big the area you want to search is e.g 20km distance from the location.

This is the most important and useful search filter for most directory/listing websites and you have to combine 2 or more plugins to try to achieve it when trying to build a site from scratch with generatepress, astra etc.
None of any page builders provide that spesific feature. You can use any listing plugin with it.

Hi, can you recommend some listing plugins? do u mean geodirectory? or are there better ones now?
I was used before this plugin but you can check these features too:

Code:
https://codecanyon.net/item/sabai-directory-plugin-for-wordpress/4505485

Hello friends, how are you? I’d like to share my experiences with WordPress page builders and seek your advice. Working with WordPress + Gutenberg + Photoshop has been a challenge—Photoshop is slow and tedious for tasks like background removal and image resizing.

Recently, I switched to Canva on a recommendation and it's been a relief due to its practicality. However, I'm still struggling with Gutenberg's slowness. Astra has been problematic too, especially when installing Starter Templates.

I've reverted to GeneratePress + GenerateBlocks for faster project execution. I've tried several builders: Nicepage seemed decent; Divi, Elementor, and WP Bakery were too cumbersome. My developer friend recommended Oxygen, which seemed complex. I recently tried Breakdance(same developers as Oxygen), and it looks promising, offering clean code and a professional feel, similar to Bricks.

I've also tested Beaver and Brizy but ended up feeling overwhelmed. My goal is to find a builder that simplifies web creation, much like Canva does for design, maintaining good site performance without the bloat.

I’m avoiding solutions like Webflow, Wix, and Square Space and would prefer to stick to WordPress. Could this thread serve as a resource to help simplify the decision-making process? Any insights or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Does Bricks Builder have "search by distance/search by radius/proximity search" or whatever its called?

You know when you go on a property listing/directory site and they have lots of search filters, you put the post code or city and then you use the slider to choose how big the area you want to search is e.g 20km distance from the location.

This is the most important and useful search filter for most directory/listing websites and you have to combine 2 or more plugins to try to achieve it when trying to build a site from scratch with generatepress, astra etc.
I'm currently working on a real estate website project and noticed that many templates treat properties as pages rather than listings with a classic directory structure.

Some time ago, I discovered HivePress, which seems to be the most efficient and practical solution for creating a directory/real estate site. It allows you to create attributes, essentially custom fields, which you can tailor as needed for your project.

For directories, there are also options like GeoDirectory and Directorist, and for real estate, there's Essential Real Estate, Essential WP Real Estate, and Estatik.

I think I'll end up using HivePress. The only downside I see is that its base template is quite simple, but that’s something manageable with a bit of customization.

Reactions: Unreal_NFS
Hello friends, how are you? I’d like to share my experiences with WordPress page builders and seek your advice. Working with WordPress + Gutenberg + Photoshop has been a challenge—Photoshop is slow and tedious for tasks like background removal and image resizing.

Recently, I switched to Canva on a recommendation and it's been a relief due to its practicality. However, I'm still struggling with Gutenberg's slowness. Astra has been problematic too, especially when installing Starter Templates.

I've reverted to GeneratePress + GenerateBlocks for faster project execution. I've tried several builders: Nicepage seemed decent; Divi, Elementor, and WP Bakery were too cumbersome. My developer friend recommended Oxygen, which seemed complex. I recently tried Breakdance(same developers as Oxygen), and it looks promising, offering clean code and a professional feel, similar to Bricks.

I've also tested Beaver and Brizy but ended up feeling overwhelmed. My goal is to find a builder that simplifies web creation, much like Canva does for design, maintaining good site performance without the bloat.

I’m avoiding solutions like Webflow, Wix, and Square Space and would prefer to stick to WordPress. Could this thread serve as a resource to help simplify the decision-making process? Any insights or recommendations are greatly appreciated!
If you are a no-coder the easiest and most simple ones would be breakdance builder and this:

If you are aiming to be a little more tech-savvy bricks would be the next recommendation

I've also tried oxygen builder but it kinda feels overwhelming if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your answers, @yakubhandoko and @DatDudeUpStairs.

I haven't tested Bricks and Breakdance extensively, but for the Real Estate project, I chose an Astra theme combined with HivePress.

During my research, I found a very interesting video on the Breakdance YouTube channel titled "How To Build A WordPress Real Estate Website In 60 Minutes." It explains how to create a directory without directory plugins, using only Advanced Custom Fields Pro, CodeSnippets, and Grid Builder WP plugins, with all settings personalized.

For an easier setup, I prefer HivePress with its "Attributes" function.

Bricks has a solid course database like:
  • Kevin Geary - Page Building 101 (recommended by @xsz)
  • Dave Foy - Build With Bricks (recommended by @DatDudeUpStairs)
Breakdance also has a solid number of videos for learning how to use it.

From your experience, how complex is it to start learning and using Bricks vs Breakdance? Maybe it’s a repetitive question, but I want to finally decide without looking back and choose one platform to learn and use.

Droip blew my mind, but I haven't seen many videos, courses, or discussions about it after a quick search. Is the code clean? I started downloading it to make some tests. It seems awesome!

I haven't tested Bricks and Breakdance extensively, but for the Real Estate project, I chose an Astra theme combined with HivePress.

During my research, I found a very interesting video on the Breakdance YouTube channel titled "How To Build A WordPress Real Estate Website In 60 Minutes." It explains how to create a directory without directory plugins, using only Advanced Custom Fields Pro, CodeSnippets, and Grid Builder WP plugins, with all settings personalized.

From your experience, how complex is it to start learning and using Bricks vs Breakdance? Maybe it’s a repetitive question, but I want to finally decide without looking back and choose one platform to learn and use.

Droip blew my mind, but I haven't seen many videos, courses, or discussions about it after a quick search. Is the code clean? I started downloading it to make some tests. It seems awesome!
If you put in the effort, about a week or so.
If not a month is the most it takes to get the hang of it.

there are many tutorials for it.

Reactions: alishito

You can make any niche website via Advanced Custom Fields Pro, most of "ready-made" plugin provide good UI and UX but if you can understand basics of ACF and spend a little bit time you will fall in love with it.

I forgot to add that breakdance is more user friendly than bricks
but they do work in a similar fashion

You can make any niche website via Advanced Custom Fields Pro, most of "ready-made" plugin provide good UI and UX but if you can understand basics of ACF and spend a little bit time you will fall in love with it.
I've read about that but never took the time to download and test it. The video I shared provides a perfect explanation of how to use Advanced Custom Fields Pro with Breakdance and other plugins to build a directory site.

It's complex, but it's manageable! Because HivePress is extremely easy and lightweight to set up, I didn't go the ACF route. However, for more complex projects, I'd definitely give it a shot!

Reactions: guguk
@AidenCooper asked an interesting question: 'What's the best page builder for future?'

In my opinion, the future belongs to Gutenberg and plugins that offer blocks for it. We already have very high-quality solutions such as Kadence or Stackable. And Gutenberg itself is constantly being improved and will probably at some point be completely sufficient for creating a site for the average demanding user.

@AidenCooper asked an interesting question: 'What's the best page builder for future?'

In my opinion, the future belongs to Gutenberg and plugins that offer blocks for it. We already have very high-quality solutions such as Kadence or Stackable. And Gutenberg itself is constantly being improved and will probably at some point be completely sufficient for creating a site for the average demanding user.
I've invested many hours in Gutenberg and I'm really tired of it. If you want something that works simply and quickly, GeneratePress + GenerateBlocks can create good, clean websites fast. However, dealing with Astra + Spectra, I find myself struggling with the Starter Templates, and when I edit a page, it starts to slow down progressively. I need to save, close that tab in Chrome, open another one, and continue editing.

Also, the Full Site Editor (FSE) themes are difficult to master the correct workflow. Working with Gutenberg (except for GeneratePress) feels like using Photoshop; there are a lot of steps to do simple things.

For that reason, I want to try another builder for production sites—one that lets me create sites quickly and easily, where simple tasks can be done simply.

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
What you are talking about goes into the topic of which builder is the fastest or easiest to work with. I just gave an opinion on the original question, where does the future of creating WordPress sites lie.

I have already tried Breakdance. It's a good solution, but it currently lacks a lot of things related to WooCommerce. That's why I turned to Kadence and Stackable and I'm very happy with them. Have you tried them?

What you are talking about goes into the topic of which builder is the fastest or easiest to work with. I just gave an opinion on the original question, where does the future of creating WordPress sites lie.
I don't want to criticize your opinion. I was content with Gutenberg until I followed recommendations from two friends and switched from Photoshop to Canva. After that, I realized how much time I had wasted dealing with Astra + Spectra and began searching for alternatives.

Currently, I am working on a Real Estate project using ListingHive + HivePress, strictly with Gutenberg. There are no issues or slowdowns at the moment, although it is a simple site.

I need to optimize my workflow, so I've started looking for better page builders. I think Gutenberg is still far from achieving seamless integration with FSE themes and delivering the kind of power I see in Breakdance and Bricks.

Additionally, I've changed my mindset about the process of creating sites from a blank page, which was quite challenging for me, and moved away from relying on templates and layouts.

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
I have already tried Breakdance. It's a good solution, but it currently lacks a lot of things related to WooCommerce. That's why I turned to Kadence and Stackable and I'm very happy with them. Have you tried them?
For Gutenberg, I've tried combinations like Astra + Spectra, GeneratePress + GenerateBlocks, Blocksy + Stackable/Qubely, Kadence + Kadence Blocks, Neve, and Greenshift (which was a total nightmare). I usually work with Astra because of the variety of layouts available, but I'm tired of the issues with installing starter templates with every update and the slowness when editing a page.

I tried Kadence, but as far as I know, it doesn't allow the installation of premium layouts. So, I chose to work with Astra.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock