• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[Need Advice] For Changing Career

The-Cracker

Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
I am looking for helpful advice for someone related to Programming or UX/UI Designer. I am a software engineer and I am working in a company as a Shopify developer. The thing is that I completed my degree in computer science at the end of 2019. After 1 year of total jobless, I got a job at the end of 2020. I was hired as a WordPress developer but now work on Shopify. I know the programming but I feel frustrated all the time and I don't enjoy doing code anymore. I am looking to shift my carrier extreme too much confusion going on in my mind. I am totally stuck in finding where should i move and get some hands-on experience so I can get a job in that field. Options I get in my mind are:
1) SEO
2) Digital Marketing
3) UI/UX with Figma.
I am too much confused that I can not pick any because I am afraid that it will be boring too and I will not enjoy doing it. Too much data unstructured is available on the internet and courses teach only basic tools utilization. I am not sure which way I should go but I am willing to move now because doing coding is for me. I am thinking to shift to UI/UX for now but still don't know about the challenges will i face or things I'll struggle with while learning.
Need opinion on this.

If i selected the wrong category kindly forgive me for this...

Reactions: zeeodesk
Hi bro.
I am a freelance Digital Marketer, and I know little little about everything from graphic designing to WordPress and video editing,etc
UI/UX is yet to explore field for me but UX is also part of Digital Marketing so we have to take decisions based on data and heat maps I can digital marketing is something which consists of everything from SEO to Optimization and analytics to Technical.
I am enthusiastic about Digital marketing and it is very interesting for, there are many reasons for me to like digital marketing, you can also make a list of skills you want to learn in Digital Marketing and can practice on your own site to how they perform.

SEO and digital marketing involve optimizing websites and online content to improve visibility and attract more traffic. These fields require knowledge of search engines, social media platforms, and analytics tools. If you enjoy analyzing data and developing strategies to improve online performance, this may be a good fit for you. However, keep in mind that these fields are constantly evolving, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and algorithms can be challenging.

Ultimately, the best way to determine which path is right for you is to try them out and see what resonates with you. Consider taking some online courses or participating in free workshops to explore these areas further.

My suggestion is to go with SEO if you want to earn by yourself or you can have the patience to see your blogs rank in 3-6 months, but if you want to go into Digital marketing get ready to learn some skills.

Good luck
hope for the best

To be honest, if you want to try something do it, no one is stopping you but yourself.
If you don't enjoy it, then explore the different options while still working.
I am the most confused person if you ask. Too many options too much content too much time required to get a proper thing if i choose wrong path my time will be lost.each Field requires time and practice..😔😔

Reactions: zeeodesk
Data Analysis, Business Analysis or Product Management are great career paths with salaries ranging from $50k - $120k/year with no need to know how to code.

If one has a solid experience in programming, website development, UI/UX or eCommerce, it'll be of great help in the long run.

I'm currently working on a career switch from Website Development to eCommerce Business Analysis. I'm also tired of sitting on the laptop all day doing same thing for the past 7 years.

My career switching steps are to:

1. Enroll into a 3-6 months practical course in the B.A field and getting certified by IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis)
2. Register a company to trade with (don't want to work for a company, want to be a consultant to many businesses instead, so this is necessary for me but might be optional for someone else)
3. Use my skill to create a nice company website
4. Work on my LinkedIn profile
5. Take new official headshot photographs
6. Apply for jobs with my new certification.

It all depends on what you want to be, you can be anything if you set your mind to it. I'm currently on point 1, but I've done point 2, and I'm working on points 3 and 5.

The drawback I have is that learning something new while also working on something you've known all your life is not an easy thing, but I'm progressing gradually. So sometimes, I can't assimilate or remember what I read last night because work today occupies my brain.

So I'm taking it easy and making some progress, even though it's kind of slow.

Goodluck to all who decides to switch career paths, it's nice but demanding and would later be quite rewarding!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock