• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to properly handle DMCA/Copyright takedown requests?

I have an unusual question. Did you get any DMCA takedown on your websiteyet? Because I just received 2 DMCA takedown requests already, on my new website.

How should I response? It turned out that they are not official but a casual request from the original creator.. should I ask them for formal requests/letter issued by there lawyer? Or something like that?

Yeah pretty blackhat topic this is.. but please answer my question..
Not to worry unless your hosting offshore but check content is from which country.
For example : Offshore server frm Ukrain always delete content related to russia they take no action against USA,Canada and Europe.
Please read T&C and Privacy policy. If you found we will share content with third party or authorities(goverment, agency), then please change your hosting thats not offshore.

For Rest hope you know all things.

I have an unusual question. Did you get any DMCA takedown on your websiteyet? Because I just received 2 DMCA takedown requests already, on my new website.

How should I response? It turned out that they are not official but a casual request from the original creator.. should I ask them for formal requests/letter issued by there lawyer? Or something like that?

Yeah pretty blackhat topic this is.. but please answer my question..
not much will happen just the effected url will not shown on google ever again but your domain and others will be ok

I had a po** comics site and I got a DMCA notice, Google removed my search result and cut my traffic in half, so I renamed the URL and submitted it to Search Console again

Not to worry unless your hosting offshore but check content is from which country.
For example : Offshore server frm Ukrain always delete content related to russia they take no action against USA,Canada and Europe.
Please read T&C and Privacy policy. If you found we will share content with third party or authorities(goverment, agency), then please change your hosting thats not offshore.

For Rest hope you know all things.
Every provider share details when it comes on them. They can't block local government, they must follow. Think why they save you? You are paying just $xxx to them and its not worth for their trouble.

Reactions: Scorp
DMCA is USA law. If you don't live there or your website server is not located there it does not apply.
If you're really concerned, look into offshore, no-DMCA hosting service.
Your wrong, my biz partner is an entertainment attorney, if he has users accessing from the US, it does apply, if he blocks the US, it doesn't apply, but other countries also have legislation concerning these topics, because movies, music & other forms of media are not only created from the US, but companies around the globe create media...

Brother, if it is for specific titles, remove those titles, solutions over lingering problems.

Reactions: Tanya90
Good day! This letter is the second official DMCA takedown notice, please, refer to pdf file in attachment for the details.
We didn't see the first one.
You should follow official channels to submit a DMCA complaint. What you did is what anyone can do to forge a document and impersonate a person we never heard of. Your username has nothing to do with the name in the document as we would have expected some choice more official.

So ... we don't want scammers among us. Bye bye

• Haha
Reactions: Lalo
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock