• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to properly handle DMCA/Copyright takedown requests?

BlueDragon69

Jan 4, 2021
I have an unusual question. Did you get any DMCA takedown on your websiteyet? Because I just received 2 DMCA takedown requests already, on my new website.

How should I response? It turned out that they are not official but a casual request from the original creator.. should I ask them for formal requests/letter issued by there lawyer? Or something like that?

Yeah pretty blackhat topic this is.. but please answer my question..

Reactions: Jenie and chuukhuan
I have placed a DMCA takedown contact form and email address at the bottom of my website. They contacted me from there.

Reactions: M.C
DMCA is USA law. If you don't live there or your website server is not located there it does not apply.
If you're really concerned, look into offshore, no-DMCA hosting service.

Reactions: yip and badrabbit
DMCA is USA law. If you don't live there or your website server is not located there it does not apply.
I'm not worried about hosting or so on.. as I seen my competitor websites removes copyrighted contents often. Should I just ignore it?

Are domain name falls under same DMCA as hosting? I'm using an .com domain

yes only for small copyright :D
do u remember kickass torrent guy :D?

330px-KickassTorrents_Domain_seizure.jpg

Latest news I could find:
Where is Artem Vaulin now?
Having originally been jailed, Vaulin was released on bail, continuing his fight against the extradition while living in Warsaw. However, last month it was revealed that Vaulin had now left the Polish capital in breach of his bail terms, and that his location was currently unknown. Nov 2, 2020

Latest news I could find:
Where is Artem Vaulin now?
Having originally been jailed, Vaulin was released on bail, continuing his fight against the extradition while living in Warsaw. However, last month it was revealed that Vaulin had now left the Polish capital in breach of his bail terms, and that his location was currently unknown. Nov 2, 2020

Damn really?! Man got lucky

yes only for small copyright :D
do u remember kickass torrent guy :D?
OMG :cry: ... you reminded me with these beautiful days :(... kickass... and others...
Now, these days we need to such all type of shits from others to get a proper registration in the current torrent websites

Don't forget the amazing website Megaupload too, what a story :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock