• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Could I host 500-700 accounts on this VPS?

RickGrimes

Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
May 8, 2019
buyfollowers.digital
Could I host 500-700 customers on a VPS with the following specs?

• CPU: 10 vCPU Cores
  • RAM 60 GB RAM
  • BandWidth: 32 TB Out + Unlimited In
  • SNAPSHOT: 4 Snapshots
  • Storage: 2 TB SSD

I only host PHP, Javascript, HTML and CSS. No Python or Nodejs.

Personally I would never get a VPS or dedi with limited bandwidth. Especially if I would want to use it for my clients.

To answer your question you could if you only use 1.5GB for each client. But you should mind the traffic. Each visit is counted as traffic out and that includes all the assets a page deliver.

Reactions: ukgamer
Personally I would never get a VPS or dedi with limited bandwidth. Especially if I would want to use it for my clients.

To answer your question you could if you only use 1.5GB for each client. But you should mind the traffic. Each visit is counted as traffic out and that includes all the assets a page deliver.
I am currently on shared reseller hosting, I have 511 accounts hosted using 212334.54MB storage and 160615.18MB Bandwidth, The bandwidth barely gets over 200GB monthly. The shared reseller server allows upto 1GB Ram, 1 CPU core, I/O Limit 2MB/s and 20 entry processes per account. I intend to keep the same setup when i get my own VPS. So i just wanted to be sure if the above VPS could host these accounts.

The majority of the sites hosted are company websites with very little traffic. less than 10 of all these clients have ever surpassed 10GB Bandwidth usage monthly.

So with all this information provided could there be any chance that server could be sufficient?

I am currently on shared reseller hosting, I have 511 accounts hosted using 212334.54MB storage and 160615.18MB Bandwidth, The bandwidth barely gets over 200GB monthly. The shared reseller server allows upto 1GB Ram, 1 CPU core, I/O Limit 2MB/s and 20 entry processes per account. I intend to keep the same setup when i get my own VPS. So i just wanted to be sure if the above VPS could host these accounts.

The majority of the sites hosted are company websites with very little traffic. less than 10 of all these clients have ever surpassed 10GB Bandwidth usage monthly.

So with all this information provided could there be any chance that server could be sufficient?

Certainly. And without a shadow of doubt.

• RAM 60 GB RAM

Since you're only hosting PHP, Javascript, HTML and CSS. No Python or Nodejs, that configuration will quite easily handle over a thousand (1,000) accounts without breaking sweat.

See for yourself the technical details:

In my experience with hosting a number almost half of that the effective accounts you intend, most of which are corporate websites with minimal traffic there's hardly a chance in a million of ever hitting 10,000 concurrent users or anything near that number of simultaneous users either anytime soon..

Warm regards,

- Th3 G0rd!@n

• Love
Reactions: M.C and RickGrimes

• RAM 60 GB RAM

Since you're only hosting PHP, Javascript, HTML and CSS. No Python or Nodejs, that configuration will quite easily handle over a thousand (1,000) accounts without breaking sweat.

In my experience with hosting a number almost half of that the effective accounts you intend, most of which are corporate websites with minimal traffic there's hardly a chance in a million of ever hitting 10,000 concurrent users or anything near that number of simultaneous users either anytime soon..

Warm regards,

- Th3 G0rd!@n
Bro, thank you I appreciate the detailed information!! That's minus 1 problem. Now I just have to convince my customers to embrace the move to Direct Admin. cPanel pricing is insane, was quite affordable on Shared reseller hosting.

Reactions: gordian
CPanel really did a quick and dirty one on it's loyal clients with it's horrible price per CPanel Account.

Oh!... That's the Challenge, You may also however consider the possibility of passing on the monthly cost to clients who don't mind paying the extra in exchange for NOT moving away from CPanel.

You could simply commence the process of enlightening your clients ahead of performing the move. Ultimately, you may end up with creating a new additional minor server where CPanel Diehards will be hosted if they prefer to pay the monthly fee (with your markup) rather than move. It becomes an alternate source of income. And it will ensure that the owner or ICT Personnel managing your clients accounts have an option.

I personally love AAPanel. It's without a shadow of doubt the easiest of them all (Everything is simply accessible from one area) sadly, they don't have reseller plans or the ability to isolate user sub-accounts.

Warm regards and Success wishes!

- Th3 G0rd!@n

• RAM 60 GB RAM

Warm regards,

- Th3 G0rd!@n
Absolutely agree, that is a great rig for hosting, I'm running on Contabo with that same specs, it'll handle hell of lot more, hosting user & concurrent users are 2 different things.

CPanel really did a quick and dirty one on it's loyal clients with it's horrible price per CPanel Account.

Oh!... That's the Challenge, You may also however consider the possibility of passing on the monthly cost to clients who don't mind paying the extra in exchange for NOT moving away from CPanel.

You could simply commence the process of enlightening your clients ahead of performing the move. Ultimately, you may end up with creating a new additional minor server where CPanel Diehards will be hosted if they prefer to pay the monthly fee (with your markup) rather than move. It becomes an alternate source of income. And it will ensure that the owner or ICT Personnel managing your clients accounts have an option.

I personally love AAPanel. It's without a shadow of doubt the easiest of them all (Everything is simply accessible from one area) sadly, they don't have reseller plans or the ability to isolate user sub-accounts.

Warm regards and Success wishes!

- Th3 G0rd!@n
Best advice ever, let me work on that right away. I think giving the cPanel die-hards an option to remain using cPanel at a slightly higher price seems reasonable enough. Thanks once again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock