• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need some suggestions for an old MacBook

kaitokido

Mar 27, 2023
Hi guys, I have an old macbook which was purchased on mid of 2017 touch bar version, any suggestions that I could utilise it to make something or work for other things?
I have upgraded my laptop to the M1 Pro

There are several things you can do with an old MacBook to make use of it, depending on your interests and needs. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Use it as a media center: If you have a TV or a monitor, you can connect your MacBook to it and use it as a media center to watch movies, TV shows, and online videos. You can also use it to listen to music, browse the web, and stream content from various services like Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube.
  2. Turn it into a home security system: You can use your MacBook as a security camera or a video recorder to monitor your home. There are several apps that allow you to use your MacBook's camera to capture footage and save it to your hard drive or cloud storage.
  3. Use it for graphic design or video editing: If you're into graphic design or video editing, you can use your MacBook to create and edit projects. There are several free and paid software options available, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie.
  4. Install a Linux operating system: If you're comfortable with tech and want to experiment, you can install a Linux operating system on your MacBook. This will allow you to use your MacBook for programming, software development, and other technical tasks.
  5. Donate it: If you don't have a use for your old MacBook, consider donating it to a school, library, or charity. Many organizations will accept used laptops and refurbish them for students or other people in need.

Reactions: Iron-Man
You can upgrade the hardware if possible

Mac are good for video / audio editing works try with different softwares

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock