• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I want to set up own hosting server in my office for running own hosting business.

UniqueSarang

May 2, 2022
India
unqspace.com
Hello there,

I wanted to know how to set up hosting server on my own to start hosting business and also running own website.

Here are some questions.

Can I convert Gaming or personal computer to a hosting server or Need to buy ready made server?
Is this work as professional hosting like hosting providers.

Please do recommed me some courses that are usefull in this field.

Thank you.

you can use a dedicated server to build hosting.

electricity and internet network must be stable in your area and you have a team for your server security.

the best thing is to use services like Azure , AWS, Google cloud

Depends on what you want to do: casual hosting for friends and family or professional hosting for everyone

If for just casual you may use your PC or more than one with enough HDD, SSD for space

If for professional then you will need to ensure these for at least 99% uptime
- backup energy generator/s
- at least 1 backup internet connection (so you will be 99.99% of the time connected in case of one drops)
- secure location, highly ventilated and with security systems installed (alarm, fire alarm, access control, CCTV surveillance)
- servers (not computers)

Or you can use any of cloud services, reseller services, or rent dedicated servers from datacenters around the world and create your own hosting.

For all these you have to come up with a market research and expenses plan so you can know how much you can afford.

I can tell you that last year someone I know paid around $40.000 for opening its own datacenter (and that without location costs, only equipment I told about earlier including installment fees)

@blackhole @slvrsteele thanks a lot for the information, please suggest me some courses in this field to get started with, I have all the possible requirements like 2 internet connections from different providers, multiple invertor system for power backup, secure place where everything is controlled like temprature and measures. 1 thing is the server is needed and knowledge about this stuff beginning to advance level.

@blackhole @slvrsteele thanks a lot for the information, please suggest me some courses in this field to get started with, I have all the possible requirements like 2 internet connections from different providers, multiple invertor system for power backup, secure place where everything is controlled like temprature and measures. 1 thing is the server is needed and knowledge about this stuff beginning to advance level.
Just one question: what's your level of sysadmin?

Then I suggest you to start with sysadmin courses. Unless you wanna hire one.
If you hire one then you don't need to worry but only about purchasing equipment.

But if you wanna learn yourself then start with basic networking, fiber networking, LAN, principles of servers and clusters, basic networking protection, advanced networking protection, networking security based on both software and hardware firewalls

Reactions: UniqueSarang
For my 2 cents: Check your cost first if it is feasible. Setting up servers will boost your electricity cost immensely. Not to mention your internet cost. You should also be able to troubleshoot issues with your servers.

1. Buy OVH or Hetzner dedicated server
  2. Buy cPanel - WHM license or DirectAdmin
  3. Buy LiteSpeed License
Then you will have all resources to run your professional hosting service.
I never see any professional cloud services running from Office servers, although in my dreams!
More: your network connection not enough for pro hosting service, unless your office place in a Datacenter.

Another solution:
Offer managed hosting by running sites from Cloudways hosting, you can create unlimited websites on Cloudways for your clients easily, no need any technical experiences.
But it must be high-end service because the cost quite expensive.

buy reseller services first and then grow from that.
One of cheapest reseller hosting is Stablehost, but it like sh*t, suitable for scam business, sell then hide:
Second is Hawkhost, it not bad and not too good:

Well I think in my opinion, it might be much better and cheaper, if you'll rent a VPS for example and get Cpanel on it 😉
Put PCs/Servers in your office might work yes, but yeah depending where you are, the electricity can be pretty high....

Well I think in my opinion, it might be much better and cheaper, if you'll rent a VPS for example and get Cpanel on it 😉
Put PCs/Servers in your office might work yes, but yeah depending where you are, the electricity can be pretty high....
Yes VPS is good option, I also used it in past but prices are not good at all, Like if i set up my own server then I will have a dedicated server and I can able to make parts of it to VPS and then VPS to shared hosting that seems good to me, Enectricity and Internet prices are very low in my area.

Thank you for you opinion 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: Groot
Yes VPS is good option, I also used it in past but prices are not good at all, Like if i set up my own server then I will have a dedicated server and I can able to make parts of it to VPS and then VPS to shared hosting that seems good to me, Enectricity and Internet prices are very low in my area.

Thank you for you opinion 🙂
I guess your idea come from lack of experience & knowledge about how hosting work. Hosting setup from dedicated server with server CPU and place in Datacenter where network connection suitable for large connection, in & out.
If you use your PC (game pc!) to setup server from your office, you should try to use it as your own hosting first, then very soon, you will realize it not kind of hosting you and others want to use, even though it is free.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock