• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Help with migrating a 13GB sql database.

RickGrimes

Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
May 8, 2019
buyfollowers.digital
Hi anyone to help with transferring a 13GB SQL file?

The server where the SQL is stored is a shared server so I have no root/SSH access and the host disabled the Cpanel "backup" feature and left only jetbackup5 so I can't do a remote migration via WHM.

My internet max dl speed is 1MB/s and up speed 450kb/s making it Impossible to download and reupload a 13GB MySQL file.

The host generated a cpmove file for me, its 3GB and downloadable, but uploading it is the challenge.

Anyone to help with a solution?

Yes I do. I have actually migrated the files, the only challenge is migrating the DB.
Got you. So, you were able to upload the SQL file to the new server? If so, you’d only need to run a restore using that file. It will recreate the DB for you.

Got you. So, you were able to upload the SQL file to the new server? If so, you’d only need to run a restore using that file. It will recreate the DB for you.
No i meant the website files. The SQL file I can't download or restore due to the size and my slow internet.

No i meant the website files. The SQL file I can't download or restore due to the size and my slow internet.
most hostinger provider offer mirgration service ask them if they can help you they may charge small fees but it worth if website is big

most hostinger provider offer mirgration service ask them if they can help you they may charge small fees but it worth if website is big
The server that I am migrating to is my own VPS, and the server that I am migrating from is shared hosting from host4geeks. Now the problem is that they disabled the Cpanel backup feature so I can't do a remote restoration via WHM. The DB is 13GB and my internet is too slow to download or upload a file that BIG. So I am looking for other alternatives and methods to help with the process.

but still thing is his internet speed is too slow he need something cloud type thing where he just can put creds and mirgrate database seems like he is using mysql db so its more easy
I bought hosting from Namecheap and they downloaded the cpmove file and restored it on their server, I had wanted to take advantage of the fact that they have the "backup feature" enabled so I could then migrate my whole Cpanel from Namecheap using the WHM restore feature, but then the migration completes successfully except for the huge DB.

On my WHM I get the following errors:

The MySQL restore process exited with the error “255”.
Removed empty DB for failed restore of “ecowebzim_portal”.
The remote MySQL dump failed because of an error (WebSocket 1011, x8jpqa).

Perhaps anyone with really good internet could download the 3GB cpmove file and then manually upload it to my WHM? Instead of trying to download the uncompressed 13GB SQL file?

install phpmyadmin, dump database into root of your hosting dir, on vps use wget https:..domain.com/file.sql.

on vps import via command line.

may this help you
Thank you, but still the downloading part.
I found this: https://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ via your link. Could work, but I would still need to download and upload the SQL file.
install phpmyadmin, dump database into root of your hosting dir, on vps use wget https:..domain.com/file.sql.

on vps import via command line.
Tell me more about this, could you please write for me the actual steps?

Reactions: rober
Thank you, but still the downloading part.

I found this: https://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ via your link. Could work, but I would still need to download and upload the SQL file.

Tell me more about this, could you please write for me the actual steps?
most hosting providers have phpmyadmin, if not, download it and put in root web dir, something like phpmyadmin (delete when done), just use it and dump the database to your local web dir.

use wget to get the dump from your current host. then use mysql to import into the new database.

Pretty easy to do.

not sure if it is allowed, but for a fee I can do it for you.

his internet not good enough to download and upload large data 3gb is also big chunk for him
did you miss me stating to dump into his root dir of webserver and use wget from vps. You do not need good internet for that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock