• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Expert, but still struggling with cash flow

mwasifali

Banned User
Jan 20, 2024
Hi everyone!

I got in-depth expertise in my field of WordPress but still I keep struggling with the cash flow.​

The main issue is I don't know the right process to work on a web project.

I don't even know how to tackle this.

Here's how I usually work:

• Client messages me for a website
  • We discuss and negotiate the price (between $100 to $300)
  • I start searching for some design ideas for his website.
  • I start building his website design and backend features.
  • I deliver the website and take the payment.
  • Repeat 🔁
I'm stuck in this loop. Most of you guys would wonder why I'm charging so low if I'm an expert?
The answer is I don't know how to get those clients who pay good.

The thing is I only got the skills but not a roadmap or any guidance, coz I learned everything without a teacher or mentor.

Your generous guidance would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: thelab
i used to do that mistake on my prier years now work only with references and the clients that pay 600+ for the same service need to increase the price also the best rout is to find a work on an agency (this worked for me) and after that you need to see the workflow and the whole process. after this you can start on your own !
one other thing is you can sell the website on a cheaper price then Upsale Seo and other maintenance services on top on monthly subscription !

i used to do that mistake on my prier years now work only with references and the clients that pay 600+ for the same service need to increase the price also the best rout is to find a work on an agency (this worked for me) and after that you need to see the workflow and the whole process. after this you can start on your own !
one other thing is you can sell the website on a cheaper price then Upsale Seo and other maintenance services on top on monthly subscription !
Thank you so much. How did you start approaching those clients or Agencies?

i started work on an Agency after a year or so with the network i created from the agency i used to message anyone who wanted websites etc and after some time things started to work out.

the clients that i used to work on their websites from the agency strated to message me directly so it worked out on the end!

• Love
Reactions: mwasifali
I get it.
I used to charge low too.
Just define your niche, build a killer portfolio, network, try value based pricing, learn sales basics, and keep updating your skills.
I faced similar challenges, but breaking the cycle is doable. Good luck, and ask if you need more insights! 👊

I get it.
I used to charge low too.
Just define your niche, build a killer portfolio, network, try value based pricing, learn sales basics, and keep updating your skills.
I faced similar challenges, but breaking the cycle is doable. Good luck, and ask if you need more insights! 👊
Thank you so much.
The thing is how did you start approaching big clients

Thank you so much.
The thing is how did you start approaching big clients
Keep doing what you are already doing to pay your bills, and start with inbound marketing to attract potential clients.
You can create a YouTube channel or a portfolio website and showcase your top projects on that website. It would help you to get out of that loop.
Moreover you can DM me if you need further assistance.

You should add extra value to your work through the discovery process. Ask to be paid for research and try giving your customers feedback all along the way. With some well crafted papers and reports for the discovery, requirements, proposal and reviews, you could greatly increase the value of your services.... You should offer your customers not only website development, but full assistance and consultancy while you work with them.

You should add extra value to your work through the discovery process. Ask to be paid for research and try giving your customers feedback all along the way. With some well crafted papers and reports for the discovery, requirements, proposal and reviews, you could greatly increase the value of your services.... You should offer your customers not only website development, but full assistance and consultancy while you work with them.
The issue is, none of my client ever agreed to pay for the research, and neither they needed consultancy.

The main issue is my network. I'm surrounded by people who expects to get most of the paid services for free.

And I'm sure that none of my client ever invested more than $1k on any freelance project.

I don't know how to approach those who pay higher.
If we talk about my expertise, yes I can provide excellent quality that meets global standards.
But I'm not getting paid according to my expertise.

The issue is, none of my client ever agreed to pay for the research, and neither they needed consultancy.

The main issue is my network. I'm surrounded by people who expects to get most of the paid services for free.

And I'm sure that none of my client ever invested more than $1k on any freelance project.

If we talk about my expertise, yes I can provide excellent quality that meets global standards.
The best advice I can give is start making content on any platform like YouTube, Tiktok, or Personal Blog.
It will surely help you to build a solid network with like minded people and you can attract a lot of potential clients.
It would take time to build it but it's worth it.

The best advice I can give is start making content on any platform like YouTube, Tiktok, or Personal Blog.
It will surely help you to build a solid network with like minded people and you can attract a lot of potential clients.
It would take time to build it but it's worth it.
Sure bro, will definitely work on it.
Thanks

This is right up your street: https://geary.co/inner-circle/

I have no affiliation with Kevin (I'm not his biggest fan), but undoubtedly, it's full of resources that are absolutely perfect for someone in your situation.

I've been doing web dev for almost ten years, and whilst most of the stuff discussed in the group I already knew and did, there is still some great information.

I think most people are in the same boat as you at some point, though. My first websites were around the £300 to £500 mark - now I don't touch anything under £3000.

This is right up your street: https://geary.co/inner-circle/

I have no affiliation with Kevin (I'm not his biggest fan), but undoubtedly, it's full of resources that are absolutely perfect for someone in your situation.

I've been doing web dev for almost ten years, and whilst most of the stuff discussed in the group I already knew and did, there is still some great information.

I think most people are in the same boat as you at some point, though. My first websites were around the £300 to £500 mark - now I don't touch anything under £3000.
I've been a subscriber for one month and here's my honest review about the inner circle..... Kevin promotes some good ideas but not necessarily the best.... Let's say he may have some good business advice. After watching several of his videos and even having some small talk in social media/youtube comments or his forum, I find his methods quite arrogant and selfish. Nothing feels really on point and the advice he gives is just him bragging about his agency's achievements and huge prices, rather than offering some realistic insight on how to get there.

Personally I'd avoid this kind of "teachers" who only see their vision and solutions as the best and refuse to accept other's points of view. Kevin does all that even though he doesn't have enough technical background for it, having an approach similar to "everything I don't understand is sh**" while labeling any plugin/solution that helps to sell his ACSS plugin as "Best in class" ...
Sorry, this is just my opinion, nothing personal

I guessed you've answered the question yourself. You just need to network with the client you're looking for. What you're looking for is sometimes looking for you, go to events where they'll normally attend (business events) and approach them in the networking session with a business card that includes a link to your portfolio

• Love
I charge $1000.00-$1,500.00 total for a website and between $345.00 and $600.00 PER MONTH for SEO. If a customer wants SEO then I give them the site for free since they will be paying me monthly for SEO. If you are excellent at what you do then do not settle for less than you are worth.

I understand your frustration. I have faced and still facing similar situations, where customers are overwhelmed by a detailed proposal. I noticed this happens because most people don't read, but most of the times scan the proposals, even though the language and formatting I use is easy for them to understand, without "rocket science" technical terms.

Customers cannot simply say, "OK, create a website about pets," and expect you to grasp their expectations and needs immediately, while also recommending the most appropriate technical solution for their specific needs.

Here are some things I learned along my own path and I consider important:

- If you have a good and thorough customer relationship workflow, it will greatly help you improve your network and customers

- It's essential to explain to them that the preliminary discussions, where you gather information about their project, are an important part of the discovery and strategy process. This process requires time and effort, from understanding their initial questions to researching comparable websites and identifying the most suitable design for their niche. It also involves creating a content strategy and overall website architecture, as well as finding a pleasant and usable design.

- You will have to offer free first meeting and initial website inspection in order to be able to make a strong proposal, and this time might not always pay off. But it will get better in time.
Don't give customers everything straight away and always leave the insightful stuff for after the proposal has been accepted and the collab starts.

- Create your own website to offer services and add a clean portfolio that offers non-technical visitors a good first impression and content that's easy enough for them to compare with their actual needs. ( if this makes sense ) . Make your website impeccable and good looking and start promoting it on Facebook groups and such... your network will improve.

Sure, I could talk about each point for days, but hope you got the main points and this'll be helpful for you !

• Love
I've been a subscriber for one month and here's my honest review about the inner circle..... Kevin promotes some good ideas but not necessarily the best.... Let's say he may have some good business advice. After watching several of his videos and even having some small talk in social media/youtube comments or his forum, I find his methods quite arrogant and selfish. Nothing feels really on point and the advice he gives is just him bragging about his agency's achievements and huge prices, rather than offering some realistic insight on how to get there.

Personally I'd avoid this kind of "teachers" who only see their vision and solutions as the best and refuse to accept other's points of view. Kevin does all that even though he doesn't have enough technical background for it, having an approach similar to "everything I don't understand is sh**" while labeling any plugin/solution that helps to sell his ACSS plugin as "Best in class" ...
Sorry, this is just my opinion, nothing personal

I agree with you (I only subbed for a month too), but if you ignore the ballshit he comes with there's still a tonne of information that could help someone like OP out in his situation, in my opinion.

I agree with you (I only subbed for a month too), but if you ignore the ballshit he comes with there's still a tonne of information that could help someone like OP out in his situation, in my opinion.
You're right, but imo it's a paid solution that doesn't guarantee solving his problem and there are so many free/shared quality sheets, documents or other templates out there to help out with the process.
Plus, he stated he's an expert when it comes to the development process alone... so I don't think Kevin's technical knowledge can add anything to an expert's bag.
But that's just my opinion.
For example, there is this post with shared Web-Design Business Bootcamp by Michael Janda. Although it doesn't seem complete, the first chapter has some really nice document templates for helping with organizing projects from very small to huge 😊

Cheers

You're right, but imo it's a paid solution that doesn't guarantee solving his problem and there are so many free/shared quality sheets, documents or other templates out there to help out with the process.
Plus, he stated he's an expert when it comes to the development process alone... so I don't think Kevin's technical knowledge can add anything to an expert's bag.
But that's just my opinion.
For example, there is this post with shared Web-Design Business Bootcamp by Michael Janda. Although it doesn't seem complete, the first chapter has some really nice document templates for helping with organizing projects from very small to huge 😊

Cheers
You're right! I'm so confident on my expertise that I can meet the global standards.
My primary goal for 2024 is to build a solid network with European Startups who can pay according to my skills.

It's just hard to take the first step, once I did, I won't stop.

Currently, I'm figuring out how to approach those people. I'm taking advices from everyone on every platform.
Wish me luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriscross11
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock