• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Event Management Plugins for WordPress, a review.

JayBase

Babiato Lover
May 6, 2022
South Africa
Hi community,

I have tested some of the event management plugins available on Babiato. The last one being EventOn.
According to feedback from other community members, that EventON was the best out of our available download options, I ended up running with the EventOn package and all its add ons.

After using it in a real environment to handle an international mining machine launch event, I found EventON would better be served as EventOFF!

● No support for any of the WordPress editors, only classic and the options in classic are also bad. (Only feature that made it nice was his attention to the short code designer, pity the rest of the application didn’t get the same development attention.)
● No real template options, he says there are templates but when you open them you will be shocked (You call this a template?)
● No support for any of the form designers on the market, making his forms and layout all you get.
● You cant use ticketing or RSVP points without having Woo Commerce installed and configured with products.
● The PDF plugin has no options, just on or off, cant customize at all.
● No real options to track your emails, for invites, booking confirmations, RSVP;’s or any of the email communications.

Very little customisation features, cumbersome and email template design options are none existent. Your option is to edit a PHP file with a couple lines of html code wrapping some of the variables pulled from a record set where he uses a while loop to throw out the values.. This makes putting any of the records around the page very difficult in a fully HTML designed email template if you are not familiar with PHP code. Instead of creating his forms using one of the popular form design editors so you can easily customise the forms he has only added a basic function to draw the forms and then apply a single style that you cant change but can control the color of the form background only. (Got around some of the limitations by using my browser developer tools to hack the CSS and create my own and add them manually to the, theme customise additional CCS and overwrite his lame CSS styles.)

His documentation is also very poor. He lightly covers some of the functionality, other parts not at all.
No proper programmatic code reference help at all.

If you are a noob and its for a private site, then have at it. If you are planning on creating an event system for a business, then I recommend going with a tried and tested publicly acclaimed event management system of which there are around 6 or so available. Google the popular rating sites where they show 6 best WordPress event system for the latest year and then check to see what WordPress editors your calculated options support. Also search to see what form designers are supported.

Good luck!

Unfortunately none of the top rated event plugs are available on Babiato at the time of this post. I am looking at pricing now and will buy one of them and post as a resource. They are all quite pricy so I am limited by my budget. I am learning towards RSVP PRO PLUGIN by WP Chill or RSVPMaker By David F. Carr (Open Source and Free) and EventIn. Both RSVP Pro and RSVPMaker were featured on most of the top rated lists, RSVPMaker is known for its granular control over customisation. Also has support for WordPress editors and form designers. EventIn looks very interesting, at closer inspection they seem to be the well developed version of EventOn, adding the same functionality that I said is missing from EventOn.

Thanks to the community and forum staff for making Babiato the best community development resource on the web. 😍

Regards,
Jay

have you checked on Fooevents and Webnus?
what are your takes on them?

im currently leaning to non-wordpress option for events management and cant seem to find a good one that can match the flexibility of wordpress add-ons

I know this is a long shot but... any chance you have tried RSVP Pro since writing this post last year? Came here looking for that plugin as it seems to be the only really robust RSVP plugin for multievent RSVPs typical of weddings...

Thought I'd check just in case. Would be willing to split the cost of the plugin with others who are interested if there was a way to null it for all of us (not sure if that's possible?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock