• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What's your favorite WordPress backup plugin?

What's your favorite WordPress backup plugin?

• All in One WP

• BackupBuddy

• Duplicator Pro

• Super Backup & Clone

• UpdraftPlus

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhiteFluffyPuppy

Babiato Lover
Sep 18, 2020
Planet Babiato
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to decide which backup plugin to switch to. I used All in One WP when they came out years ago, but then they changed and placed upload size limitations on their free version. I still use them with an old version. However, I suspect the backup files I download to my laptop are too heavy. It may be time to switch.

The post is to assess the community's favorite WordPress backup plugin by casting your vote and saying why you picked the plugin as your favorite. I believe there are more backup plugins out there, but here I five I found. You can recommend yours, along with the download link, if not on the list.

Thank you.

All in One WP

BackupBuddy

Duplicator Pro

Super Backup & Clone

UpdraftPlus

UpdraftPlus is effortlessly the best back up plugin so long your cron job is not disabled. I would also recommend linking your Gmail account with UpdraftPlus so that your backups, no matter how heavy it is, can be uploaded to your Google Drive. From a personal standpoint, Duplicator never works for me.

Reactions: Will07
UpdraftPlus is effortlessly the best back up plugin so long your cron job is not disabled. I would also recommend linking your Gmail account with UpdraftPlus so that your backups, no matter how heavy it is, can be uploaded to your Google Drive. From a personal standpoint, Duplicator never works for me.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like your use of "effortlessly" 😊.
I've been considering Updraftplus too. Please vote. ;)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like your use of "effortlessly" 😊.
I've been considering Updraftplus too. Please vote. ;)
Lol 😊
I voted even before commenting on the thread. With Updraft, you decide on what to back up such as your themes, database, or plugins and that's what makes it great and easy to use. I have a Finance blog with over 1500 posts. I got hacked quite recently and had to go through the pain of cleaning the website, down to files at the cPanel level. Immediately, I installed the free version of UpdraftPlus and set to weekly back up. Everything gets sent to my Google Drive and I don't exactly worry unlike before.

installed the free version of UpdraftPlus and set to weekly back up. Everything gets sent to my Google Drive and I don't exactly worry unlike before.
All these was doable with the free version?!

FTP download all files and phpmyadmin export your database.
It's your choice but I think that totally waste of time.
ı vote for Duplicator Pro (even free version is good too)
First of all their support team excellent.
Secondly I can backup with zip or daf file type which is more compressed file type.
Thirdly, it can be work cheap shared hosting wihout problem
And also,
- I can easily scheduled backup to my server or dropbox
- I can easily choose which files excluded or included
- I can easily migrate with backuped files to another server

Backing up on
It's your choice but I think that totally waste of time.
ı vote for Duplicator Pro (even free version is good too)
First of all their support team excellent.
Secondly I can backup with zip or daf file type which is more compressed file type.
Thirdly, it can be work cheap shared hosting wihout problem
And also,
- I can easily scheduled backup to my server or dropbox
- I can easily choose which files excluded or included
- I can easily migrate with backuped files to another server
Backing up on the same server it's useless in case of crashes or shut down or even hacks. Backing up outside your server depends on the other server being online. That's the reason why I backup on my computer. I have lost everything because of dropbox changing it's api and the backup plugin stopped working. You need to check daily to make sure everything runs smooth. On the long run it becomes frustrating.

Last edited:
Not sure about updraftplus, have used it twice because it was recommended by wordpress.
And in my opinion it has too much problems and with automatic updates there is one bug every 2 weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock