• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[Suggestion] Add "Profile Posts" section to Babiato front page!

MrNoLimits

Jul 31, 2019
NYC
Hello everyone!

So recently I was browsing around the Internet and found another forum that has this featured enabled, and honestly, I really liked it. They're runing on the same CMS as Babiato so I've figured why not ask and see if we can have it enabled as well.

The feature I'm talking about is called "Profile Posts".

Let me show you a brief edit I've made using inspect element on Babiato to show you all how it would look like here!

Profile-Posts.png

Basically, it's a widget that would go in the front-page of Babiato showing the latest profile posts made by members. I find it quite useful to interact with other members and also to advertise products & services if the user is enabled for that. I know we have the marketplace for that but this would make it a bit more dynamic in my opinion.

Otherwise, what's the point of having profile posts at all in the user section if nobody gets to see them if they do not open your profile manually? It's like a secret diary 😂

The button with the three dots on the right side would open a same-page popup with the text in the center and it would allow reactions the same way it allows on threads. Also, the ability to comment on those updates!

I look forward to everybody's opinions!

@Babak @slvrsteele @TassieNZ @NullMaster @medw1311 @CyberDeviL

• Love
Reactions: Nulzzosa
Well, I did not know that was there. But my suggestion remains. It would be great to have in on the front-page as well
I'm not a fan of that idea. It means more database calls (meaning more server load) for no particular benefit. Probably the same reason we don't have a shoutbox.

Reactions: MrNoLimits
I'm not a fan of that idea. It means more database calls (meaning more server load) for no particular benefit. Probably the same reason we don't have a shoutbox.
I mean, don't get me wrong. I would love to have a shoutbox. I'm up for making user interactions more dynamic.
Recently I became more active due to being on vacations and I started realizing that there're lots of people here worth knowing and interacting with. It's just a bit slow talking over messages and threads and not over more dynamic ways.

Maybe setting up a discord channel would be a good idea? To substract the usage of resources from Babiato's servers and use a mainstream platform such as Discord.

Regarding the profile posts, I really do see it as beneficial but that's just my point of view.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I would love to have a shoutbox. I'm up for making user interactions more dynamic.
Recently I became more active due to being on vacations and I started realizing that there're lots of people here worth knowing and interacting with. It's just a bit slow talking over messages and threads and not over more dynamic ways.

Maybe setting up a discord channel would be a good idea? To substract the usage of resources from Babiato's servers and use a mainstream platform such as Discord.

Regarding the profile posts, I really do see it as beneficial but that's just my point of view.
In principle I like the idea of a Discord channel but the downside is even more work for us Mods.

• Love
In principle I like the idea of a Discord channel but the downside is even more work for us Mods.
Hmm, just by looking around I've already found a solution to that issue: "Members: 112,923"
I'm sure that in a member's pool size that big you Mods or even the Staff can interview and appoint a few more Mods for this purpose. I'm up for it, and If I am, i guess plenty of more people are up for it as well.

Would you be a fan of the idea to add a thread section called Social Media. I've spoken with a few members on here and it seems like people want this thread!

Would you be a fan of the idea to add a thread section called Social Media. I've spoken with a few members on here and it seems like people want this thread!
For what purpose?

For what purpose?
I guess that to share resources related to Social Media (marketing and others) and to also discuss topics of that subject.
Since most online marketing is done through social media nowadays, I personally think it would be a good idea.
To educate oneself and others about how to develop brand-awareness by correctly setting up and managing your social media profiles.

I guess that to share resources related to Social Media (marketing and others) and to also discuss topics of that subject.
Since most online marketing is done through social media nowadays, I personally think it would be a good idea.
To educate oneself and others about how to develop brand-awareness by correctly setting up and managing your social media profiles.
Well for courses on the subject we have the Education Section.

• Love
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock