• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Multiple languages in meta description, title, is it bad for SEO?

rkishores

Jul 19, 2020
Hello Family,
Can some one advise me on this SEO question... here we have english and russian languages in the post used simultaneously... is it bad for SEO.. what are the implications..?
Some suggested that both languages should not be used simaltaneously in any meta of the meta tags, some said using multiple languages in title and content is OK, but a STRICT NO for Meta description...
Can someone help me with this.... is Multiple languages in Meta descriptions a STRICT NO ???

Example

Post Title: Babiato is great - Бабиато великолепен

Slug: example.com/babiato-is-great

Post Content:
Content is mix of both English and Russian paragraphs......

focus phrase: Babiato is great
Synonym: Бабиато великолепен

Meta Description:
Бабиато великолепен | Babiato is a great community for learning new things

Please feel free to point out any problems with the above...

Thank you guys...

@Babak @CyberDeviL @tuton012 @TassieNZ @medw1311 @ddpanda

I wonder why you would have mixed content. Why not simply separate the two? And yes, that's bad for SEO. Because in which language a page is written is either determined automatically or by the html meta tag language (<html lang="en-US">). ONE language only.

Thanks @frizzel , So its only one language for the entire post... and no exceptions for any tags... title or meta description... ??

For the post content, I am hoping that we can explicitly declare 'lang' when needed for a paragraph if required... please tell me if i am wrong...

Try look WPML CMS, you can have your own translation not automatic.
Also you have control the metadata in your desire language.
And put the button switcher at the place where visitor easy to find out (ex, top article not in menu or footer. my opinion floating switcher is the best way, how visitor to select language).

It's better to write the translation manual not automatic.

does this mean that... if a page is declared to be in one language... and if the content is of a different language.. then google automatically translates it.. and index the translated version....??
does this apply to both post content and metadescription ?
also is it possible for a page declared to be of Russian ((<html lang="ru">), to rank for english keywords.. ?

Sorry if my questions appears to be too nooby... am a complete novice in SEO ... trying to learn...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock