• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I'm stuck between Wordpress and Opencart. Wordpress ecommerce speed problems.

axoy

Dec 2, 2020
Hello everyone. I have been developing websites with wordpress for years and selling them to my customers. But I always have a speed problem in the e-commerce part. Just for this reason, I'm even considering moving my e-commerce projects to opencart. I have a personality that likes to do his job properly and can hardly sleep if not properly. Do you have friends who can help with this?
I can do everything I want as a design in Wordpress, but I think it will be limited in opencart.

This is the e-commerce store of a client in Wordpress. It has 1000+ products with lots of features (resselers, point system, popup system, custom post types, abandoned cart system, discount rules, auctions, and a lot more). To me, I can do everything that I want and need in Wordpress.

1688509005644.png

This is the e-commerce store of a client in Wordpress. It has 1000+ products with lots of features (resselers, point system, popup system, custom post types, abandoned cart system, discount rules, auctions, and a lot more). To me, I can do everything that I want and need in Wordpress.

1688509005644.png
How do you get such high speed? I live in turkey, while I can connect to woodmart's site instantly, on the site where I set up a woodmart theme, I can connect in 2-3 seconds at the earliest, but then this time can go up to 5-6 seconds. what's the crux of this thing? what do we need to do ?

It may be unoptimised hosting issue & not necessarily a woocommerce issue (even though it is pretty slow now compared to react based options, etc)

Reactions: axoy
How do you get such high speed? I live in turkey, while I can connect to woodmart's site instantly, on the site where I set up a woodmart theme, I can connect in 2-3 seconds at the earliest, but then this time can go up to 5-6 seconds. what's the crux of this thing? what do we need to do ?
That's probably the server that you are hosted on. In this case, it's a LiteSpeed server with a CDN. Also, Woodmart is very bloated and makes lots of requests. I used Blocksy for that e-commerce.

Reactions: axoy
Hello everyone. I have been developing websites with wordpress for years and selling them to my customers. But I always have a speed problem in the e-commerce part. Just for this reason, I'm even considering moving my e-commerce projects to opencart. I have a personality that likes to do his job properly and can hardly sleep if not properly. Do you have friends who can help with this?
I can do everything I want as a design in Wordpress, but I think it will be limited in opencart.
If you have speed issues with eCommerce sites on WordPress, then I'd recommend you change your hosting providers going forward. One thing you must look out for when hosting WordPress websites is that you must always use hostings with Litespeed. They make your life easier and do not require some premium cache plugins to get your site to the desired speed.

If you have speed issues with eCommerce sites on WordPress, then I'd recommend you change your hosting providers going forward. One thing you must look out for when hosting WordPress websites is that you must always use hostings with Litespeed. They make your life easier and do not require some premium cache plugins to get your site to the desired speed.
I am using a Litespeed based server (reseller-shared hosting service). In the last few days, the company has been migrating to other servers, which has been extremely slow. There was no such problem before. They said it was due to the instantaneous intensity, but I was really tired of experiencing such problems. Is there a system you can recommend? VPS - If I buy a virtual server, I do not know much about the server.

1000% both are in a different league then WP , yes you can still make a fast wp store but nothing compared to the other , even the themes and plugings are 10x better

Are you using a VPs or shared 🙂
Recently, I've been thinking of using opencart for my e-commerce business and just wordpress for corporate-style sites. I don't know much about opencart, but if I mess around for a few days, it seems like I can reach my level of expertise in wordpress in opencart. But we need a guide :) do you have a chance to support this issue? Things I need to know about Opencart, such as what I should pay attention to..

I am using shared hosting by the way. Would it make more sense to switch to a VPS virtual server?

Recently, I've been thinking of using opencart for my e-commerce business and just wordpress for corporate-style sites. I don't know much about opencart, but if I mess around for a few days, it seems like I can reach my level of expertise in wordpress in opencart. But we need a guide :) do you have a chance to support this issue? Things I need to know about Opencart, such as what I should pay attention to..

I am using shared hosting by the way. Would it make more sense to switch to a VPS virtual server?

Yes bro that’s your biggest mistake get a VPs don’t use shared hosting , that will probably solve 90% of your problems with wp

Of cause I’m here if you need any help with opencart

How many products do you have to add

Yes bro that’s your biggest mistake get a VPs don’t use shared hosting , that will probably solve 90% of your problems with wp

Of cause I’m here if you need any help with opencart

How many products do you have to add
I'm using a translation but I don't fully understand it. Is it best to use a vps virtual server? products vary, we have 400 products on our site with variations, we have 100 products on our site.

Yes get a VPs

Cool that’s no many products they can be posted in 1 day 🙂
Ok. As far as I understand, virtual server/vps should be preferred instead of shared hosting. So, do you need any extra information for the server?

3 things you must consider when using WooCommerce:

1. Use a non-bloated theme
2. Use VPS not shared hosting
3. LiteSpeed server over Apache any day. LiteSpeed is generally considered faster and more efficient than Apache. LiteSpeed has built-in caching features specifically designed for WooCommerce.

I have 2 large WooCommerce sites. One has over 7k products. The other about 3k. Not a single problem with speed.

Follow the 3 rules above and you will never have problems again with WooCommerce speed.

Reactions: ankoloslick
3 things you must consider when using WooCommerce:

1. Use a non-bloated theme
2. Use VPS not shared hosting
3. LiteSpeed server over Apache any day. LiteSpeed is generally considered faster and more efficient than Apache. LiteSpeed has built-in caching features specifically designed for WooCommerce.

I have 2 large WooCommerce sites. One has over 7k products. The other about 3k. Not a single problem with speed.

Follow the 3 rules above and you will never have problems again with WooCommerce speed.
Thank you for your attention. I already know what you wrote other than vps. As for vps, I had tried it before, I had similar problems there. I guess this is related to the company I bought it from... this issue has been bothering me a lot lately. I really don't know what to do.

Ok. As far as I understand, virtual server/vps should be preferred instead of shared hosting. So, do you need any extra information for the server?
Yes first you will need to install a free panel like aapanel , hestia and then upload your theme and your good to go
Thank you for your attention. I already know what you wrote other than vps. As for vps, I had tried it before, I had similar problems there. I guess this is related to the company I bought it from... this issue has been bothering me a lot lately. I really don't know what to do.
Don’t go for the cheapest VPs like 2 core 2 ram , make it bigger

Yes first you will need to install a free panel like aapanel , hestia and then upload your theme and your good to go

Don’t go for the cheapest VPs like 2 core 2 ram , make it bigger
I sent you a private message, can you take a look?

Reactions: ukgamer
I see you mentioned Woodmart. Is that what you're using? Woodmart was always a problem for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock