• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[IDEA] OS Section ( open source )

SuperDev

Null Master
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
May 2, 2022
Space
superdev.one
The Pitch
Considering babiato is for webmasters, some tools that are paid, might have better free alternatives. This also lets awesome people who do work without reward get noticed.

IMPLEMENTATIONS
There would be a section for open source. Weather it is a course, script, even guide!

Why it should be implemented
People make free things. Free things might be better than what you're not paying for.

Agree? Disagree? Comments? Feel free to reply below!

It's a good motivational project buuut and a log but at that
most of the guys in here are people who only signs to download the files/ they do not check the validity of the files nor check it for the possibility of backdoors and other tell tale signs, after getting their devices/servers/host wiped out they gonna come back here crying rivers.
Plus there are so many other issues (Being scammed by the ever present scammers, guys/galls who don't know how to use these os files, how to ask/report nicely in case of bugs being present and so on)

So, in my opinion that's gonna be a big failure.

It's a good motivational project buuut and a log but at that
most of the guys in here are people who only signs to download the files/ they do not check the validity of the files nor check it for the possibility of backdoors and other tell tale signs, after getting their devices/servers/host wiped out they gonna come back here crying rivers.
Plus there are so many other issues (Being scammed by the ever present scammers, guys/galls who don't know how to use these os files, how to ask/report nicely in case of bugs being present and so on)

So, in my opinion that's gonna be a big failure.
while that may be true, it goes through the process of resources.
Examples for approved would be: ,wordpress, flarum, etc.
If it's well known, run by a company, or well maintained, it can safely be added.
Projects would be removed if found inactive, as that could lead to backdoors. Projects would tend to follow the current resources, weather being themes or PHP scripts from well known people. This would make deployment the same as using a nulled script.

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
while that may be true, it goes through the process of resources.
Examples for approved would be: ,wordpress, flarum, etc.
If it's well known, run by a company, or well maintained, it can safely be added.
Projects would be removed if found inactive, as that could lead to backdoors. Projects would tend to follow the current resources, weather being themes or PHP scripts from well known people. This would make deployment the same as using a nulled script.
Yeah, now with that said, I'm kind of interested.

@Administrative

This could be an idea. There are plenty of OS software maintained or even unmaintained that could still work and waiting to be discovered.

I would push this a little bit further and actually have a "Developers" section where developers can come with their own development (OS or not) or improvements to existing sources. A section where they can present or even request help for different situations they encountered.

@Administrative

This could be an idea. There are plenty of OS software maintained or even unmaintained that could still work and waiting to be discovered.

I would push this a little bit further and actually have a "Developers" section where developers can come with their own development (OS or not) or improvements to existing sources. A section where they can present or even request help for different situations they encountered.
That would be awesome! I myself create OSS, if it's alright with you I could edit this post to provide a link.

In principle I like the idea.

Myself and @TassieNZ still have large todo lists right now but we will be discussing new ideas in the coming days and weeks.

Hey there 👋
Just checking if there's any updates on this, any progress, whatever. Don't want to put ANY pressure, just curious!

I think the idea is great. I know a lot of OS resources and alternatives to apps for example. ~90% of SaaS is based on OS ;)
They don't have to be direct downloads as resources here. Given the fact they're open source, there can be a direct link to a download page along with a discussion board.
Resources like these can/should kept as resources just for classification and credit (if they're good) purposes.

I think the idea is great. I know a lot of OS resources and alternatives to apps for example. ~90% of SaaS is based on OS ;)
They don't have to be direct downloads as resources here. Given the fact they're open source, there can be a direct link to a download page along with a discussion board.
Resources like these can/should kept as resources just for classification and credit (if they're good) purposes.
Posts would work a lot better tbf - and prevents any high resource counts by posting OS stuff on github.

Reactions: unusual_research
Posts would work a lot better tbf - and prevents any high resource counts by posting OS stuff on github.
A dedicated forum thread would also be nice
I said Resources as I enjoy the functionality of the forum with product pages/boards more :D
Some other reasons why I thought of that (might be far fetched, but for brainstorming's sake): The Download button can lead to github or wherever the resource is located. And it can have an affiliate link for the forum, as some OS has paid plans (where it's the case)

Hey there 👋
Just checking if there's any updates on this, any progress, whatever. Don't want to put ANY pressure, just curious!
No not yet, still very busy with other stuff.

Reactions: unusual_research
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock