• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I need help with stipe account guys

ntn

Trusted Uploader
Aug 8, 2019
Hie guys please help me i need to know how stripe work since in not in a stripe supported country but i have a bro in USA. I have a web site and i want to accept subscriptions and payments using stripe so i want to know the following:

1. Can he open an account on my behalf i want it to be an individual account not business.
2. Does the individual account work for the above requirements.
3. Are there any tax implications on him.
4. Whats the difference between individual and business account.
5. Anything else i need to be aware of?

@Babak
thanks team for the help.

Last edited:
be careful with stripe. While it's easy to sign up and start taking payments, after the first few transactions they start looking into your account and if they don't like you or your products they'll shut you down. Just like that.

I don't know why they are doing it this way, maybe to gain a higher amount of signups for more VC money. I have used them for some years now without problems but I've heard so many horror stories.

Reactions: ntn
One thing the USA is really good at is TAXES, so yes your friend will need to filling taxes about the amount going through the account. Even if it is on your behalf (which is not allowed by stripe policy if is not a legal representative), will be his details on the account. Depending of the amount, you both could get away for some time, but one day the tax will come.

Edit: Also, why not Paypal Subscriptions? It is mostly like to be accepted by the majority of countries.

Reactions: ntn
Forget Stripe, Squareup.com is much better, easier to sign-up and they don't cancel your account on a whim if you've a valid product. Also, Stripe doesn't refund the 2.9% fees if you issue a refund to the buyer. Square does.

As far a business/individual. It's the same, the different is how you report the taxes at the end of the year and he'll have to pay taxes on income. You'll need to sort it out with your brother.

Forget Stripe, Squareup.com is much better, easier to sign-up and they don't cancel your account on a whim if you've a valid product. Also, Stripe doesn't refund the 2.9% fees if you issue a refund to the buyer. Square does.

As far a business/individual. It's the same, the different is how you report the taxes at the end of the year and he'll have to pay taxes on income. You'll need to sort it out with your brother.

Thanks for the suggestion, which countries are supported? will I be able to receive online card payments on my woocommerce site if I'm not in a supported country?

If it's not supported in your country, then you're out of luck. Credit card payments are redistricted. You can look up on their site squareup.com for supported country.

If it's not supported in your country, then you're out of luck. Credit card payments are redistricted. You can look up on their site squareup.com for supported country.

@playerone in mean to say if I get someone in a supported country to create and verify the account will i be able to receive internation card payment.

@playerone in mean to say if I get someone in a supported country to create and verify the account will i be able to receive internation card payment.

Yes you will be able to accept payments under his/her name. You'll need to modify your web site address/phone/etc to make it looks like it's operated from the country in question.

Whoever you use the name for has to deal with tax issues and you'll have to sort it out with him/her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock