• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I have a dedicated server, and I need your advice!

admiral

Nov 19, 2019
I have a server that I bought from Hetzner
Server name: EX52-NVMeI

previously used a shared dedicated server cpanel license, but there were some problems such as: Sometimes I can't send emails using server mail and other issues.

Now I want to open a new business, I will design and host websites (blogs, WordPress, and OpenCart stores)
But I want to provide an excellent service so that the websites must be very, very fast and stable

I will purchase an Official Cpanel Dedicated Server Metal License 100 Acoounts

But before that, I want to completely format the server, install an operating system, and make the necessary settings (if you see that must be)

because I am afraid that the one who configured the server is not a professional person, I am also afraid that the shared license has somehow affected the server .

What is your advice on this matter?

Knowing that I currently have about 10 websites on the server

previously used a shared dedicated server cpanel license, but there were some problems such as: Sometimes I can't send emails using server mail and other issues.

Now I want to open a new business, I will design and host websites (blogs, WordPress, and OpenCart stores)
But I want to provide an excellent service so that the websites must be very, very fast and stable

But before that, I want to completely format the server, install an operating system, and make the necessary settings (if you see that must be)

because I am afraid that the one who configured the server is not a professional person, I am also afraid that the shared license has somehow affected the server .

I'd suggest you use aapanel for your next server setup

Reactions: admiral
First backup all your site to your pc and scan them for viruses

Then wipe your server by reinstalling the os from within hetz

Then install cPanel again with the trial then upload all your sites backups and change there login passwords and when your already buy the license 🙂
Thank you very much for your response!

You obviously have good experience, may I ask you about:

With a 24-core processor and 128 GB of memory
Will this be enough for my websites to be fast (of course I will do optimization for each website)?
Should I buy a Litespeed subscription for $45 a month instead of Apache or Ngix? Or is that unnecessary?

Do you have any tips for me to make everything fast and stable on my server?

Will this be enough for my websites to be fast (of course I will do optimization for each website)?
Should I buy a Litespeed subscription for $45 a month instead of Apache or Ngix? Or is that unnecessary?

The server spec is good for around 10-12 small sites depending on the traffic

Personally I’m not a big fan of lighspeed and know the same or better optimisation can be used for free

With server optimisation you could be there alway listing thing , it really depend on the type of sites your running and most optimisation will be done to them , database, headers , cache , dns optimisation will all speed up your server

The server spec is good for around 10-12 small sites depending on the traffic

Personally I’m not a big fan of lighspeed and know the same or better optimisation can be used for free

With server optimisation you could be there alway listing thing , it really depend on the type of sites your running and most optimisation will be done to them , database, headers , cache , dns optimisation will all speed up your server
I plan to serve 50 websites, WordPress blogs, and woocommerce stores. I don't think will be a lot of visitors. is my server ok?

Babiato is running on an nginx setup without control panel installed on server (notice to those trying to find cpanel login - there's none) and I think its speed is pretty fine thinking that what mostly kills a big website speed is sql queries

You should do a complete backup of your current hosted websites (with all settings and panel settings).
Before doing anything else you should think very good about how you want to serve your business:
you do the work for your clients (hosting and setup) or your clients have to do it themselves (like a hosting company)

Each case has its own path of setup.
1. if you do all the work and your clients only administrate the website (products, posts and so on)
If you're proficient with nix CLI then you don't need any panel. You can do all setup from cli (ssh / terminal) this way reducing your server load with at least 20% (needed for cpanel or whatever other panel)

2. if you want to let your clients to administrate their domains and webspace
You should choose one of the panels that is most efficient for you and for your server.
I know that old habits die hard and if you got used with cpanel you may think that's the best option. It is not.
I would suggest you to have a test vps where you can reinstall OS and test different panels.
For that you need to do some research. Everyone will recommend a panel that they got used with or seems fit to them.
You need to find a panel that fits your needs and in the same time to be resource easy for your server.

Think about this and come back with your way of seeing things.

Ah, How can i get hitzner account without getting rejected please , i live in nigeria ?

Help me please!

Ah, How can i get hitzner account without getting rejected please , i live in nigeria ?

Help me please!
Out of this discussion topic. Please open a new thread in website support and development

Reactions: Auwal
If you are looking to provide access to the data and websites to your customers you will definitely need a shared panel or solution of some short, if not then going with pure CLI and CLI based solutions like centmin is reliable. For security purposes you will need to harden the security of your own server. Just my two cents, why going for cPanel? you can use Direct admin or Apiscp cheap and good enough. As for how many websites you gonna host i have worked with a free hosting provider in past and we were running around 200+ websites on a 8 core 8gb 512GB server without any issues, just needed to optimize the settings and get done with it.

If you aren't sure if your server stats will be adequate for hosting, you might want to consider getting a managed VPS or a managed reseller account from a reputable hosting company.

Reactions: wooyihoo
If you aren't sure if your server stats will be adequate for hosting, you might want to consider getting a managed VPS or a managed reseller account from a reputable hosting company.
Agree on this. Scale up your servers as required. It will be cheaper in the long run.

If you plan to host clients, don't go cheap.
Use a panel with good reputation and who you can trust.

I personally bought a dedicated server too from Hetzner and went with Plesk.
Cheaper than cPanel but imo, better.

Besides, Hetzner has great prices on Plesk (much better than on their site) and you can buy an unlimited websites license with a good price.

And btw, on Hetzner panel there is an option where they do everything for you for free if you go with Plesk.

Reactions: ckeeper
I am running a Hetzner server with over 100 customers with similar specs as you have mentioned with Cloudlinux, obviously, you do not need 2gb memory for each domain. Standard WordPress will run perfectly fine on 64mb-128mb, if you run woocommerce then you need 256mb-512mb is fine per domain. It depends on how you set up your servers, cache solutions, and other factors to run 50 to 200 domains. Obviously traffic hits you get will reduce the amount of domains you can put in your server as well. Regardless, you will need someone who knows what they are doing to set this up for you. My 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock