• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to update plugins without losing settings?

maharajg

Aug 8, 2020
How do I update the plugins in zip files without losing my settings or configuration? Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades shows its not been updated for the last 1 year or so.

Now what I do is, I take a backup of the plugin folder then delete the old one then upload the new plugin, and if there was settings export option use that else do over all the settings again, Is there any easy way to do it?

just upload the zip file and extract it delete the old one setting should remain the same take a backup just in case

Reactions: Sellow
Reactions: smalok
Just seen ...
"Note that as of WP v5.5 this plugins functionality is included in WP Core and this plugin is not required anymore. If you are running WP v5.5 or greater, you can de-activate and delete/remove this plugin. This plugin will still continue work fine with versions of WordPress less than v5.5."

TassieNZ :)
yes, WordPress support auto-update now

• Love
Reactions: Babak and TassieNZ
I'd taken auto-update to mean something different! Now I understand!

Too many hours on the computer this week. Next week 150 nulls ---> 30 nulls!!!! :)

Reactions: Babak and smalok
Hi all,

This topic maybe not related for current thread but i just want to share some informations about a plugin call WP RESET or RESET PRO..

i had some experience using the pro version which i thought when remove all the data to make it original setting its solved everything so i can start again installing THEMES and PLUGIN which needed.

There is a time I was removing and clearing data more then 20 times, and suddenly my hosting speed slow down abit..

So i login to my cpanel and try to see what really happen. As when i look at my database files in PHPMyadmin i found up the data was not total erase to be back to original state. Instead its double up the database only adding prefix txt to the new database..

At thats time my database page was more then 50 pages,mann. its really suck so now i understand is really true as @Babak said that database still remaining in sql aslong as u dont manually drop it..

Reactions: Babak and smalok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivid
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock