• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Has anyone been able to install ionCube Loader on CloudPanel

Nulledgeek

Babiato Lover
May 7, 2022
Over 48 hours on a computer and am unable to successfully install the ionCube loader on my server, AWS EC2 running Ubuntu 22.4.

Any help no matter how small will be appreciated

What version of PHP?
Did you try manually trough ssh?
What tutorial did you follow?

What version of PHP?
Did you try manually trough ssh?
What tutorial did you follow?
Yes. I have from PHP Version 7.1 to 8.2. I have tried the ssh with all the code provided online.

the last code i tried is below.
Code:
cd ~
wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
tar zxvf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
cd ioncube

Which Version of php you trying to install, and what steps you are following ?
I followed this process but was never successful at the end.

Step 1 – Download Ioncube Loader​

First of all download the latest ioncube loaders php modules from ioncube from ioncube download page. Alternatively you can also use following command to download ioncube loaders. Also extract the downloaded archive under /usr/local directory.

wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
tar xzf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz -C /usr/local

Step 2 – Find Correct PHP.ini​

It is important to find the correct php configuration file (php.ini) to enable ionCube for that only. The php -i command provides you the details information about the active php version on command line interface.

You can grep the php.ini location by running command:

php -i | grep php.ini

Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /etc/php/7.4/cli
Loaded Configuration File => /etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini

But, might be Apache have been configured with the another version of the PHP. To find that you need to put a phpinfo(); file on server web server document root.

By default PHP stored configuration files at the following location. For example, the configuration files for the PHP 7.4 are stored at below location

• /etc/php/7.3/cli/php.ini #for PHP CLI
  • /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini #for PHP FPM
  • /etc/php/7.3/apache/php.ini #for PHP with Apache

Step 3 – Configure ionCube Loader in PHP​

Now, edit the required PHP configuration files or you may update in all the configuration files found above. Append the below code to the end of the files based on your PHP version.

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so

Make sure to replace /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.23.so file path with your matching PHP version file.

Step 4 – Test Configuration​

All done. You have added ionCube settings to your php configuration. To verify the configuration, type:

php -v

PHP 7.4.8 (cli) (built: Jul 13 2020 16:46:22) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.4.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.4.8, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

You will see that ionCube PHP loader has been configured with your PHP version. Similarly, to view configuration for Apache use phpinfo() file.

try this way - a proper manual install
Code:
wget https://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz

tar xvf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz -C /usr/local

# this should be your php path if installed multi-php versions

For PHP 7.4
Code:
Edit (vim|nano) /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

at the TOP of the php.ini file add

restart the PHP environment

systemctl restart php7.4-fpm

For PHP 8.1

Code:
Edit (vim|nano) /etc/php/8.1/fpm/php.ini

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_8.1.so

systemctl restart php8.1-fpm

If you want to use CLI php commands on encrypted files then edit these 2 files also
Code:
/etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini
/etc/php/8.1/cli/php.ini

Note: I assume you're using root login with SSH, if not just use sudo in front of each command

Second Note: just make sure when you edit php.ini files they have content and don't open a blank file. If file is blank use locate php.ini command to see where are your files

try this way - a proper manual install
Code:
wget https://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz

tar xvf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz -C /usr/local

# this should be your php path if installed multi-php versions

For PHP 7.4
Code:
Edit (vim|nano) /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

systemctl restart php7.4-fpm

For PHP 8.1

Code:
Edit (vim|nano) /etc/php/8.1/fpm/php.ini

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_8.1.so

systemctl restart php8.1-fpm

If you want to use CLI php commands on encrypted files then edit these 2 files also
Code:
/etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini
/etc/php/8.1/cli/php.ini

Note: I assume you're using root login with SSH, if not just use sudo in front of each command

Second Note: just make sure when you edit php.ini files they have content and don't open a blank file. If file is blank use locate php.ini command to see where are your files
thank you.
There is a permission error while trying to run nano editing command
/etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini
1679286880546.png

Last edited by a moderator:
did you actually use nano /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini
or did you try to access the file directly /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini as I can see in screenshot?

• Love
Reactions: Nulledgeek
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock