• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Another VPS referral request please!

billiem

Babiato Lover
May 25, 2019
Salem Massachusetts USA
billiemead.com
Good morning fellow Babiatoians!

Yes.... yet another VPS Hosting referral request! But with a catch.... and that is I'd be happy to use your referral link/account if we go with your recommendation. And it's not just me, but I have several clients that I am moving to cheaper and more affordable VPS services. A few of them are decent size and are currently spending $1000+ / month.

I have been with Linode for 8 years but since being acquired by Akamai, the pricing has increased significantly and the quality of service and support has gone down. I'm not going to accuse Akamai of having crap gear, excessive downtime or even slow speed as they have been a leader for years. But I am pretty sure when they bought Linode they assumed existing customers would just happily bend over and accept the 20-40% pricing increase because of the pain associated with moving all of your setups. And for the first several months, this was largely true. But enough is enough and I feel partly responsible for all of the clients I referred to Linode over the years and even have offered to drop my migrations fees once I have found a new VPS host. I also have several WP Engine clients looking to move and I am going to set them up on VPS servers and help them to manage them. I know the premium extras like unlimited staging and dev environments will be sacrificed but I believe that there are now a lot of alternatives.

Okay, rant over...

I am using the following base specs when just comparing price across providers:

• 4 vCPUs
• 8 GB memory
• 160-200 GB storage
• 4 TB transfer bandwidth
• OS Ubuntu 20.04

Also, I am fine with going under contract up to 2 years if that drops the price. Obviously price isn't everything but until we here in the US get a better grip on our national debt and rising inflation, it's 99% of the equation.

Using the above specs and already researching more than 15 hosting providers it looks like vpsserver.com is in the lead at $35.83 USD per month with a two year contract.

Do I hear < $20 anywhere??

Cheers~
Billie

Good morning fellow Babiatoians!

Yes.... yet another VPS Hosting referral request! But with a catch.... and that is I'd be happy to use your referral link/account if we go with your recommendation. And it's not just me, but I have several clients that I am moving to cheaper and more affordable VPS services. A few of them are decent size and are currently spending $1000+ / month.

I have been with Linode for 8 years but since being acquired by Akamai, the pricing has increased significantly and the quality of service and support has gone down. I'm not going to accuse Akamai of having crap gear, excessive downtime or even slow speed as they have been a leader for years. But I am pretty sure when they bought Linode they assumed existing customers would just happily bend over and accept the 20-40% pricing increase because of the pain associated with moving all of your setups. And for the first several months, this was largely true. But enough is enough and I feel partly responsible for all of the clients I referred to Linode over the years and even have offered to drop my migrations fees once I have found a new VPS host. I also have several WP Engine clients looking to move and I am going to set them up on VPS servers and help them to manage them. I know the premium extras like unlimited staging and dev environments will be sacrificed but I believe that there are now a lot of alternatives.

Okay, rant over...

I am using the following base specs when just comparing price across providers:

• 4 vCPUs
• 8 GB memory
• 160-200 GB storage
• 4 TB transfer bandwidth
• OS Ubuntu 20.04

Also, I am fine with going under contract up to 2 years if that drops the price. Obviously price isn't everything but until we here in the US get a better grip on our national debt and rising inflation, it's 99% of the equation.

Using the above specs and already researching more than 15 hosting providers it looks like vpsserver.com is in the lead at $35.83 USD per month with a two year contract.

Do I hear < $20 anywhere?

Cheers~
Billie
Don't go with unknown hosts if you're working with clients.

If you want to get the best of money spent/quality and a well-known company, IMO, Hetzner is hard to
beat.

That vpsserver.com that you mentioned, go on and check how much they charge for NVMe disks. Not so good after all.

Same specs as you were using: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/trials/hetzner_performance_trial_04Nov2022

One thing I believe is important: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/hosters/consistency_scores

And yes, is cheap. Actually, you could move to a dedicated AMD Ryzen 3600G with your budget, but that is another story.

Always go with the AMD at Hetzner, as they have better performance.

Then, you have others like Vultr, Digital Ocean, etc, which honestly, yes, they're good, but the price difference doesn't make up for it vs Hetzner.

(And yes, I've used all of them, and many others).

Reactions: sancusan12
Well, I can recommend these:
1. Hetzner
2. NetCup

Why?
1. Hetzner - was used for about 1 year. No problems, no CPU steal time. Very fast to manage my VPS or restore from a snapshot. Used CPX21 (Intel® Xeon® Gold), CPX31 (AMD Epyc, 2nd gen). The prices are good: ~12eu-15/month. I like Hetzner's CLOUD panel to control my stuff. No snapshot export, but...u can use it BackupSheep. The support...well, I give them 7.5/10 In my case I need to "poke a finger @ my problem" so that they can solve it... I like that they have locations in Germany and Finland. Used Finland. Hetzner doesn't allow port 25. They have an affiliate program (but to enter you must pay 3 invoices minimum)

2. NetCup - I now run my VPS on Netcup for a 3rd month. Using Root server (As I understand it is a VPS but with the dedicated cpu). No problems at all. I like that I can export my snapshot (Hetzner doesn't allow it). Bit clunky server panel but, hey I access it only when I need to pay my invoice.
Using the "RS 1000 G9.5" plan (AMD EPYC™ 7702, 8 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC), 160 GB SSD ) plan and pay ~12eu/month. But CPUs are dedicated (Hetzner's not) Support? Not used till now.
Locations in Vienna and Germany. They have an affiliate program.
If you choose Netcup, write me a message and I will give you the voucher. So you will get a discount.

Both have up-to-date ISO's to choose from or your custom.
Both have DDoS protection.
Both have Nvme SSDs
Both have ECC memory

Both have min 99.8% uptime.
Let's talk check your DM

Reactions: birtyas

If you want to get the best of money spent/quality and a well-known company, IMO, Hetzner is hard to
beat.

That vpsserver.com that you mentioned, go on and check how much they charge for NVMe disks. Not so good after all.

Same specs as you were using: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/trials/hetzner_performance_trial_04Nov2022

One thing I believe is important: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/hosters/consistency_scores

And yes, is cheap. Actually, you could move to a dedicated AMD Ryzen 3600G with your budget, but that is another story.

Then, you have others like Vultr, Digital Ocean, etc, which honestly, yes, they're good, but the price difference doesn't make up for it vs Hetzner.

Awesome insight here.

Reactions: el mago and birtyas

beat.

If I had known this 3 days ago, I just got one with 2core intel and 8gb of ram.

But I believe you can switch to amd!

Reactions: Auwal
try experience Hostinger vps. They offer decent NVMe Storage, bandwidth, snapshot, weekly backup, full root access, dedicated ip, and decent connection line.

A 8 gb ram vps costs like 8$/month

Reactions: Auwal
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock