Banner management system.
Displays random banners in your header, forum list, forum view and thread view.
The Banner add-on is designed for self hosted banners, these banners images are served from your server.
- Multiple banners can be displayed at the same time for each location. The number of banners to display per location is set in the Options page.
- Banners are displayed in random order, each page reload displays a new set of banners.
- All phrases start with banner_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-Banner-1.4.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/Banner directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to User group permissions and set the user groups you want to display banners to.
- In the banner options page, set the number of banners to show.
- In the Visitor tab, click the Banner admin link.
- In the Banner admin page, click the Add link.
- Fill out the information and save.
- Create a folder on your server to store your banner images.
- Upload banner images to your banner folder.
Q: What is a good dimension for a banner?
A: I suggest 375 x 60.
This add-on will add a table called xf_andy_banner to your database.