• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress Permalink Settings, Please Advise!

Lalo

Trusted Seller
Aug 25, 2018
I'm trying to set a blog alongside a business website, which will implement both under one WP dashboard!
Here's what I've done to achieve it and what's i don't want and needed the help!

First:
I've created a blog page!
then, I've created category under the name "Blog", and posts will be assigned to this blog category!

Second:
I set the Permalink Settings to Custom Structure and to : /%category%/%postname%/

Third:
I've assigned the Reading Settings the Posts page: to the blog page I've created in the first step.

All done well for now!
But I've one small problem! which I don't want to see the link like this:
* domain.x/category/blog/hello-world/
I want it instead only appear as
* domain.x/blog/hello-world/

Please Advise!
Kind Regards

I wonder why you want to do it like that, but if you googled a bit you would have found the plug-in Remove Category URL.
First, Thank you for your share mate,
Well a short recap for you, I've spent the past three days looking to set this the perfect way to avoid any problem it's very sensitive for your websites when to set something for the whole SEO! so i did google but no for a plugin just for info and stetting,
I hate install more and more plugins for the WP might can be done through codes instead...

Now for the plugin you shared, it;s exactly what I'm looking for, but this can be done through the WP settings instead of using a plugin?

Regards.

In Permalink Settings just change it to
/%postname%/
instead of
/%category%/%postname%/

Reactions: Lalo
In Permalink Settings just change it to
/%postname%/
instead of
/%category%/%postname%/
Then the link will be like this!
* domain.x/hello-world/ - I want it it like this only * domain.x/blog/hello-world/
The post ^^ above you solve the problem,
just I wanted to know if possible to it through a code instead.

Regards

Use this in Permalink Settings
/blog/%postname%/
I've tried it as well, doesn't work well... the best thing as far for now as I described it in the first post.

Go to your

Dashboard => Settings => Permalinks

Click on Custom Structure and paste this /blog/%postname%/

As blog is not a taxonomy %% is not required.

First of all, Thank you all! really appreciated your share!
Let me explain again! what I explained in the first post, all went well!
the only thing I don't want the category to appear in the link of the post or any other place in the website!
@frizzel shared a solution with a plugin and done the job exactly as I wanted!
but I asked if there's a way to do it through a code instead of installing a plugin!
Your solutions from the Custom Structure doesn't work, I've tried it all before posting this problem here.
Hope I cleared this enough!

Regards

I asked if there's a way to do it through a code instead of installing a plugin!
This is a very lightweight plug-in so don't worry too much about it.

Yes, there are other ways to achieve this, but they are not always reliable. I've used the methods suggested in How To Remove Category From Your URLs In WordPress, however the last one (and that's the plug-in solution) always worked for me without a flaw. The author of that article writes that he "would recommend this method the least", but I disagree, I think it's the best solution.

• Love
This is a very lightweight plug-in so don't worry too much about it.

Yes, there are other ways to achieve this, but they are not always reliable. I've used the methods suggested in How To Remove Category From Your URLs In WordPress, however the last one (and that's the plug-in solution) always worked for me without a flaw. The author of that article writes that he "would recommend this method the least", but I disagree, I think it's the best solution.
Well, this really amazing! All the info needed! it's great to share mate! thank you very much!
Can mark this case "thread" as solved case :)...
Thank you.

P.S. would love to see your take on the SEO rank math pro compared with the other plugins here too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock