• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress - Multiple domains pointing to same site

miklereverie

Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone!

A client of mine owns multiple domains ( let's say: client.com, client.com.br, client.com.uy, client.uy) I need to make all the domains point to the wordpress installation on client.com, but from what I could gather this is not as easy to do with Wordpress as with a regular website.

Some people have pointed me towards Wordpress Multisite, but I'm not entirely sure that's what would fix my issue since (from what I could understand) WP Multisite deals with multiple wordpress sites on a single domain. I just need the client's multiple domains pointing to a single Wordpress installation.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to read this and helping out!

Reactions: carmeli
Hi! how are you? If the task you request is from a client.com.br redirect it to a client.com, then you must configure it from DNS. That is, through the DNS Registry Editor, you must redirect every domain to client.com. I use the CloudFlare system a lot to configure the DNS of each domain.
Best regards, Marcos

Hi! how are you? If the task you request is from a client.com.br redirect it to a client.com, then you must configure it from DNS. That is, through the DNS Registry Editor, you must redirect every domain to client.com. I use the CloudFlare system a lot to configure the DNS of each domain.
Best regards, Marcos
Hello everyone!

A client of mine owns multiple domains ( let's say: client.com, client.com.br, client.com.uy, client.uy) I need to make all the domains point to the wordpress installation on client.com, but from what I could gather this is not as easy to do with Wordpress as with a regular website.

Some people have pointed me towards Wordpress Multisite, but I'm not entirely sure that's what would fix my issue since (from what I could understand) WP Multisite deals with multiple wordpress sites on a single domain. I just need the client's multiple domains pointing to a single Wordpress installation.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to read this and helping out!
Best regards, Marcos
Yes¡

Reactions: miklereverie
Best regards, Marcos

Hello Marcos, glad to see someone else from Argentina here!
Thank you for your reply, let me elaborate a little bit:

I understand how DNS redirecting works, I should've gone into a bit more detail and also say that we're looking to make it work so that:

clientname.br/archive/postname

shows the same information as:

clientname.com/archive/postname

while also retaining the .br url typed in the adress bar. Is this possible? I already have a DNS redirection configured but whenever I type "clientname.br" and the redirection happens, the address bar changes to the original domain "clientname.com". I know I'm being a bit picky but it's only because the client is really nitpicky about these kind of details related to the user experience.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and taking the time to help!

Reactions: carmeli
I am also happy to know that you are Argentine, although I sensed it from the domain, unfortunately we have to speak in English because the forum requires it that way. Anyway, I tell you that what you request then is already specific programming in Wordpress. Since he must take care of redirection with the requested domain.
I was doing a quick search on what you request, and I found a plugin that could solve it. The only problem, which indicates it there, is that the theme or appearance can only allow one.
The plugin is from Gustavo Straube, and it's called Multiple Domain. https://wordpress.org/plugins/multiple-domain/
And here you can find the git of the files.
I also have no idea how it works, but it pretends what you need. Anyway, let me know if you managed to solve it and if not, I will try to do a more exhaustive search.
Best regards, Marcos.

Easier than you think without use of plugins.

You can point as many domains as you want to same WP install without needing to change site name as it's dynamically generated
Following you have 2 options of doing it: 1st with checking for use of SSL and second direct without any checks
Just find and replace in your wp-config.php following definitions enclosed between star lines (note that you will only find siteurl and home not request_url)

Code:
1st option

define('SP_REQUEST_URL', ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']); // used to define use of SSL or not

define('WP_SITEURL', SP_REQUEST_URL);
define('WP_HOME', SP_REQUEST_URL);

2nd option

define('WP_SITEURL', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
define('WP_HOME', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

Edit: when you access your website dashboard by using any domain you'll see in Settings -> General that your domain is automatically changed to reflect issuer (either domain.com or domain.net for example)

2nd edit: playing with definitions and keeping one static will allow you retain your original host that you want static

I am also happy to know that you are Argentine, although I sensed it from the domain, unfortunately we have to speak in English because the forum requires it that way. Anyway, I tell you that what you request then is already specific programming in Wordpress. Since he must take care of redirection with the requested domain.
I was doing a quick search on what you request, and I found a plugin that could solve it. The only problem, which indicates it there, is that the theme or appearance can only allow one.
The plugin is from Gustavo Straube, and it's called Multiple Domain. https://wordpress.org/plugins/multiple-domain/
And here you can find the git of the files.
I also have no idea how it works, but it pretends what you need. Anyway, let me know if you managed to solve it and if not, I will try to do a more exhaustive search.
Best regards, Marcos.

Thanks Marcos! I will give it a try and get back at you here to confirm if I got it to work!

Reactions: marcost96

You can point as many domains as you want to same WP install without needing to change site name as it's dynamically generated
Following you have 2 options of doing it: 1st with checking for use of SSL and second direct without any checks
Just find and replace in your wp-config.php following definitions enclosed between star lines (note that you will only find siteurl and home not request_url)

Code:
1st option

define('SP_REQUEST_URL', ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']); // used to define use of SSL or not

2nd option

Edit: when you access your website dashboard by using any domain you'll see in Settings -> General that your domain is automatically changed to reflect issuer (either domain.com or domain.net for example)

2nd edit: playing with definitions and keeping one static will allow you retain your original host that you want static

Thank you so much! I will try this ASAP and let you know if I got it working!

Reactions: marcost96

Code:
1st option

2nd option

yes its right bro

Hey everyone!

I tried both methods and, due to specific problems with the client's hosting, the one proposed by Marcos turned out working just fine!

I did try the solution proposed by slvrsteele on a personal domain for testing purposes however, and it worked just fine as well.

So, thanks a lot to both of you, not only you helped me resolve my issue, but also provided me with two solid alternatives if the need arises to do this in the future.

Thanks everyone!!!

Reactions: marcost96 and Mr G
Use Cloudflare Redirection using simple page rule , there are tons of youtube videos you can search,
i my self redirect playanime.gq to playanime.ga

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock