• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress Migration Issues

edukaris

Babiato Lover
Apr 24, 2020
Hello Babiato members,

How are you?

I need some help please. I am facing an issue with wp migration.

I downloaded Wp files of an entire website and and uploaded the on my new wp domain using Cpanel but my site has not changed, the website is still the same.

Does anyone know how i can solve this issue please?
Thank you.

here my step for migration,
1. backup home folder and database
2. upload the file u back up to your new host.
3. check your folder structure in your new hostm ex: /home/user/public_html sometimes its different, if not same like old host you must change database content to match your new host folder.
4. import your database to new host
maybe i can help just pm me

Hello Babiato members,

How are you?

I need some help please. I am facing an issue with wp migration.

I downloaded Wp files of an entire website and and uploaded the on my new wp domain using Cpanel but my site has not changed, the website is still the same.

Does anyone know how i can solve this issue please?
Thank you.
To avoid issues, you can use "UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore". You can find it here on babiato, just search for it.

Better question from a server admin.

Why not use if your using cPanel to have it do a full backup which will properly zip up the files and database into an easy to use file to restore the account at the new location. If your needing help migrating it all over then simply as the new location or host about it as it is part of their skills if they are aware how to do it.

ideally you can always do a home directory backup then upzip it in the new host and then export the whole database as a .sql file and then import it into the new host.

There are a couple of ways to do it. If you request additional help then let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock