• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Which is the best .net or .tv domain?

MrDoCtor

May 4, 2022
Hello, everyone.

I would like to hear your advice, which domain would you choose for a website to watch online.
I am currently using a .tv but I realize that not even in google my content is positioned.
That's why I'm thinking about using the .net domain.
I have read that .net domains are better than .tv.
What do you think?
Are there any .tv domains that are famous nowadays?
Can anyone give me some advice?

Reactions: Sam_dev01
For SEO purposes .net is better than .tv, but for privacy purposes and security purposes .org is much better than .com, .net and .tv

With .tv you can also have a good impact in SEO, but not so strong like .net, however this is low effect, you will not notice that if you use .tv or .net.

Best Regards.
Alexhost

• Love
Reactions: MrDoCtor
I think you should focus on your content on the the site, not so much the domain extension.
Yes, it can have a small impact, but if you for example have a iptv site or a movie streaming site I would prefer a TV domain over a net domain.
If I were doing a more traditional type of site I would go with the net extension.

Either way good luck.

• Love
For SEO purposes .net is better than .tv, but for privacy purposes and security purposes .org is much better than .com, .net and .tv

With .tv you can also have a good impact in SEO, but not so strong like .net, however this is low effect, you will not notice that if you use .tv or .net.

Best Regards.
Alexhost

Thank you for your advice.

I think you should focus on your content on the the site, not so much the domain extension.
Yes, it can have a small impact, but if you for example have a iptv site or a movie streaming site I would prefer a TV domain over a net domain.
If I were doing a more traditional type of site I would go with the net extension.

Either way good luck.

You are so right, I should focus on SEO.
I don't have sitemaps yet, what kind of sitemaps do you recommend me a free one like this one https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
? or do you know what other sitemaps I could use?

What about .xyz

Best Regards.
Alexhost

What about .xyz
Doesn't impact SEO.

But people with no knowledge won't remember easily your direct traffic can be a little lower

People and youngs specially girls only know about .com, .NET and .org or .TV

Doesn't mean that .XYZ is not remember. It works.

Not bad to start. But be sure to have a short domain name.

Thank you for your advice.

You are so right, I should focus on SEO.
I don't have sitemaps yet, what kind of sitemaps do you recommend me a free one like this one https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
? or do you know what other sitemaps I could use?
In regards to the sitemap, download RankMath plugin, follow the installation process and you are good to go. There is also a pro version available here in Babiato.
Download also Google Sitekit, as that's an easy way to set up analytics and so on more or less automatically.

• Love
Reactions: elot and MrDoCtor
From the SEO end of things, .net is better than other specialty extensions. But since it isn’t quite up there with .com and .org extensions, you might not get the same benefits as using those alternatives.

A .net extension is a popular option that’s often recommended to buyers whenever the desired .com domain is taken. The .net stands for ‘network’ and was originally designed for umbrella websites that serve smaller sites, such as web hosting companies.

If the .com name you want isn’t available, find out if the current owner is in the same industry before settling for a .net. That’s because you don’t want your customers becoming there’s.

In general, the .net extension is trusted and perceived as authoritative by consumers. It’s also been around enough that people can easily remember it.

There are some aspects that you should consider for your Domains name:
  • Memorable
  • Short
  • SEO-friendly
  • Typeable
  • On-brand

• Love
From the SEO end of things, .net is better than other specialty extensions. But since it isn’t quite up there with .com and .org extensions, you might not get the same benefits as using those alternatives.

A .net extension is a popular option that’s often recommended to buyers whenever the desired .com domain is taken. The .net stands for ‘network’ and was originally designed for umbrella websites that serve smaller sites, such as web hosting companies.

If the .com name you want isn’t available, find out if the current owner is in the same industry before settling for a .net. That’s because you don’t want your customers becoming there’s.

In general, the .net extension is trusted and perceived as authoritative by consumers. It’s also been around enough that people can easily remember it.

There are some aspects that you should consider for your Domains name:
  • Memorable
  • Short
  • SEO-friendly
  • Typeable
  • On-brand
Thanks, finally I dared to buy the .net and I have improvements. you are absolutely right.
I'm going to focus now on SEO-friendly.

Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: Sam_dev01
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock