• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Where is Babak? and how we should behave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELLIO7

Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Nov 27, 2019
Mars
Dear members of Babiato,

I thought of writing this message because there's have been a lot of chit-chat going on about the current situation of Babiato. I am gonna answer some of the questions that I think people are wondering about.

1. What has happened to Babiato and why some of the things are messed up (bugs/error)?

- As of April 28, 2022, Babiato went down due to an SSD crash and we lost a major portion of data since our technical team (@andykim & @Babak) didn't have any backup taken to that date. The current version of Babiato is running on a restoration point from 2021. On restoration, some bugs appeared and our technical staff is trying to fix them.

2. What happened to the domain Babiato.co?

- As per the statement of @andykim, it has issues with DMCA and he is trying to get it back.

3. Where is Babak?

- Honestly, nobody knows. He seemed to be so upset about the incident and he went offline when he realized we will not be able to restore it from any recent backup. In my pov, he hasn't been able to make up his mind to start again but I truly believe he will be back because I think Babiato is far from being a dead forum. I am staying optimistic about this and it's only my opinion.

Edit: Babak is back now

4. Then who is running the current Babiato forum?

- @andykim, he always used to be the former member of Babiato. And @Babak and @andykim used to run Babiato together. Since @Babak is offline the only person who is powering Babiato is @andykim.

5. Why it's taking so long to fix the bugs?

- Because it's hard for one person to fix everything in a short period of time. This is why I would highly request you guys to be patient and let @andykim fix the bugs one after another.

6. Who is Fes-tinger and why he has emailed some of you?

- Fes-tinger is the owner of a GPL website and he is trying to take advantage of the current situation while impersonating Babak in one of his forums. Babak will never be affiliated with Fes-tinger. So please don't trust what he says under Babaks name. Also, report the email as spam. We currently don't know how he got into members' emails but it is possible that he may have collected emails in the past from conducting giveaways in Babiato.

7. Why did @Medw1311 & @TassieNZ mention their own GPL website in Babiato's channel when it was down?

- It's because they wanted you guys to have a safe place to download the plugins you wanted back then. Since Babiato was down a lot of people were having a hard time downloading resources elsewhere so they shared their own website. It has nothing to do with going against Babiato. They are still our moderators and support the current Babiato forum.

8. How should we conduct in the current situation?

- I've been getting a lot of messages from users who want to make changes to their stats, username, reaction score, achievements, and badges and I don't think it's the right time to ask for any of them. When the time comes @andykim should be able to make sure you get your badges back. If not, you guys will have to earn them again by staying helpful to the community. So stop creating threads and messages complaining about losing your past records. I would suggest you guys stop worrying about the numbers, records, and badges and start earning them from scratch again. We all lost more or less and we have to move forward from this point without looking back.

9. Can we upload our resources?

- As per the statement of @andykim, YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock