• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What you use for spam protection?

rallisf1

Mar 10, 2019
I do VPS WHM (cPanel) Hosting and got some trouble with incoming spam. I have tweaked spamd as much as possible, followed every decent guide I could find and to be honest it has made a lot of difference but phising spam emails still come through.

What do you use for spam protection? Is there any real solution or should I just compromise with a couple spam messages per mailbox twice a week?

P.S. I can't really filter the remaining spam messages as they come from legit (but hacked) email accounts containing links from legit (but hacked) webpages that contain phising sites.

P.S.2. WHM has an option for Greylisting but I'm afraid it will delay email delivery a lot and probably won't make a difference. Any of you tried that?

Yes recently, spamming getting increase and getting smarters rathen than past years.
I have no idea about preventing them i just using WHM black list feature. But still they can spamming from forms on web pages especially gravity form that i could not figured out.
Google Captcha or else not preventing at all.
If someone has an idea it would be great

I was told by a company that I needed for a huge problem that CPGuard is good and reviewing it, it has spam protection in it. So I will be getting this later today after the repair is completed. https://www.opsshield.com/cpguard-features/ (not a worker or anything related to them) monthly price but lots of things I saw helpful.

I was using spam assassin until recently but some spam would come through and some legit mail would be marked as spam, so I needed a better solution.

I've subscribed to solarwinds spam-experts service. It costs $0.75/domain/month for incoming and same for outcoming mail (so double for both). In my case it needs a lot of training (you can upload emails and mark them as spam/non-spam to train their A.I. engine), as most of my emails are non-English. Hopefully it will soon get better at it.

P.S. Minimum monthly fee is $40/month, if you don't have that many domains to protect you're better off getting the service from a reseller.

We use mailchannels on all our servers. It does a great job. Worth checking it out if it meets your budget.

Please lets clear this very well, if your mails are marked as spam is different from receiving spam mails, if your sent emails is marked as spam this happens if your ip address is marked as or added to blacklist, check your server ip address if is not marked as spam or blacklisted, check your domain DNS DKIM records.

1. Check the IP first in http://multirbl.valli.org and http://www.mxtoolbox.com. If found blacklisted, then de-list the IP.
Then create new bimi accounts:
visit bimi.agari.com and create new bimi accounts its free and follow the instructions on how to add it to your DNS records

try the above step, if you need morre info kindly let me know and if it worked for you please lets us know

Regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock