• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What would you build? If you could compile to Win+Lin+Mac

PowerPuffGrl

Dec 4, 2020
Hello Smart Babiato friends, just wanted to share something I am excited to learn today,
and also see if anyone else is looking into this.

TL;DR
Someone (https://justine.lol/) figured out a way to create a single binary executable that will
run on our common hardware platforms and (windows, linux, apple). Appears to be x86 and ARM(not sure).
Works like a web server with a .zip package payload containing your script and media.

You can download it here - free

Read other comments here and link to how it works

Questions:
1. How much of a game changer is this?
Good bye cross compilers, good bye multiple OS devs.
Not really - but possible if you app runs in the web browser.

2. What would be a good project that could really benefit from this?
Note it only has console I/O no gui, so I am thinking backend for serving
tcp/webpage. In my mind this is like electron that VScode is written in
but now you target multiple platforms and develop in platform you like

Reactions: devil38
I am not sure if the big companies like Apple, Microsoft etc will let the cat out of the box. This will kill their profitability, since it is still at the early stages if it was implied industry wide there will be uniformity. How likely big companies will let this go big, highly unlikely. My 2 cents.

Thanks cKeeper., I agree with your sentiment. Big and small corporations have a lot to lose if this catches on.

The only way it can be patched by the OS is by looking at the executable header and prevent the executable from loading into memory. I forsee a few novel applications coming about.

If you look here: https://justine.lol/ape.html
Looks like an ARM emulator may be available making it easier to write iPhone, Android and x86 apps. in one executable.

Do not get me wrong, I like the way this is going especially utilizing old school c language with smaller files, I am all for it. I am just thinking how the big ones will react to it. I have seen many hostile takeovers just to prevent small companies become a big competitor. Time will show. More power to Ms. Justine Tunney, we support her as Babiato community. Perhaps best to contact PureOS people who are security consicous, they may even support it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock