what type of VPS specification do i need?

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

die2mrw007

Staff member
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks Bro, your answers helped me !

200 Mbit/s Port will be enough fast ? ( its important for me not to damage my google rank )
Almost many providers gives better Port speed... 500- 1GBps

Which provider you have shortlisted to try?

MR Abear

Trusted Seller
Dec 23, 2020
so you are looking at contabo plan ?

VPS S SSD

$6.99/ month

4 vCPU Cores
8 GB RAM
200 GB SSD
200 Mbit/s Port
1 Snapshot

Reactions: die2mrw007

johnc

Feb 18, 2021
FRom where your visitor come from? i.e USA, EU or asia
If your most visitors come from USA and nearby areas then batter use USA based VPS. Contabo mainly provide VPS from Germany although they also provide from USA.

Reactions: TIKTIK

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
FRom where your visitor come from? i.e USA, EU or asia
If your most visitors come from USA and nearby areas then batter use USA based VPS. Contabo mainly provide VPS from Germany although they also provide from USA.
GERMANY is good for me .. my visitors coming from the Middle east

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
Just to update :

Thanks to @die2mrw007 i choose contabo as my hosting VPS and i`m starting with the VPS M SSD plan.

it will include

Web server - nginx
Mail server - Postfix
FTP - vsftpd
Database - mariaDB
Hosting Panel - ISPCONFIG

unix - Ubuntu \ CentOS7
Encryption - SSL

Reactions: die2mrw007

johnc

Feb 18, 2021
Just to update :

Thanks to @die2mrw007 i choose contabo as my hosting VPS and i`m starting with the VPS M SSD plan.

it will include

Web server - nginx
Mail server - Postfix
FTP - vsftpd
Database - mariaDB
Hosting Panel - ISPCONFIG

unix - Ubuntu \ CentOS7
Encryption - SSL
My suggession is use Centos web Panel (CWF) as your conrol panel. It is free and has builtin options of Nginx with Varnish & Apache.

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
My suggession is use Centos web Panel (CWF) as your conrol panel. It is free and has builtin options of Nginx with Varnish & Apache.
Can you please explain to me how to configure the mail server?
im using CWP7 and POSTFIX mail server

i have a domain : example.com
and i have mx record at : mail.example.com

is this information correct?
Hostname: mail.example.com
Domain: example.com

johnc

Feb 18, 2021
you can use MX record mail.example.com or example.com
both are same.
For open webmail you can use mail.example.com or exaple.com/webmail

is your server hostname is Hostname: mail.example.com?
if yes this should be change to somthing else like server.example.com because mail prefix will be sued for mail server

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
you can use MX record mail.example.com or example.com
both are same.
For open webmail you can use mail.example.com or exaple.com/webmail
on cwp7 at the mail server configuration tab ..there is two fields that i need to fill :

Hostname:
Domain:

what should i write there?

johnc

Feb 18, 2021
first go to Server settings > change hostname
Set your desired hostname there like server.example.com
then go to MaleServer manager and select your desired options like AntiSpam/AntiVirus and just hit rebuild mail server.

you nothing need to change anything like domain or hostname here

Hell0W0rld

Apr 2, 2021
Hello :)
Just found this yesterday , 40 page PDF about VPS server configuration
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not up2date but informative
Hope this helps

Best regards

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
first go to Server settings > change hostname
Set your desired hostname there like server.example.com
then go to MaleServer manager and select your desired options like AntiSpam/AntiVirus and just hit rebuild mail server.

you nothing need to change anything like domain or hostname here
what web server configuration you did ? ( did you changed anything from the default web server configuration ? )
what type of server you chose ?
as i understand to install php-fpm i need cwp7.pro ..

die2mrw007

Staff member
Jun 4, 2020
what web server configuration you did ? ( did you changed anything from the default web server configuration ? )
Try aapanel bro. It was made specifically for nginx as prime.
centos web panel was originally made for the apache environment.
cyberpanel was made for litespeed and now supports openlitespeed as prime choice.

In aapanel, php-fpm and the best configuration is provided FREE. They offer an additional nginx WAF if interested for a fee (paid).

Otherwise, if going with nginx and Wordpress the best option will be going with WordOps (you will love the speed and performance here)...its not a panel though but a bundle of good configuration to run your Wordpress at good stand.

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
Try aapanel bro. It was made specifically for nginx as prime.
centos web panel was originally made for the apache environment.
cyberpanel was made for litespeed and now supports openlitespeed as prime choice.

In aapanel, php-fpm and the best configuration is provided FREE. They offer an additional nginx WAF if interested for a fee (paid).

Otherwise, if going with nginx and Wordpress the best option will be going with WordOps (you will love the speed and performance here)...its not a panel though but a bundle of good configuration to run your Wordpress at good stand.
im having an issue with web server configuration ..
i created user account .. and a domain ..
i uploaded my web site files to the server..
but, when im going to server ip ( for example http://167..0.0.0.0. ) im getting the default html page ( index.html )..
even when i delete the index.html .. im still seeing it ..
its looks like the default html folder is wrong ..
and idea how to solve it ?

die2mrw007

Staff member
Jun 4, 2020
im having an issue with web server configuration ..
i created user account .. and a domain ..
i uploaded my web site files to the server..
but, when im going to server ip ( for example http://167..0.0.0.0. ) im getting the default html page ( index.html )..
even when i delete the index.html .. im still seeing it ..
its looks like the default html folder is wrong ..
and idea how to solve it ?
Unless we see what files and misconfiguration you did with the settings, we cant simply comment on a solution. You can try posting it in the respective support forums (centos forum) for a speedy help on this.

Also, try clearing browser cache/cookies because that's the cause many times not reflecting the changes. Also try clearing your DNS cache.
A simple method is to use proxy server/connection and browse to the domain/IP using incognito mode and check if its still the same.

And if your site is having high traffic or may get high traffic in coming days then you should not be using nginx as it has known issues of not handling high traffic/requests (simultaneous).

johnc

Feb 18, 2021
I think default configuration is ok. Personally I recommend Nginx + Varnish + Apache php-cgi/suphp because suphp is more secure but have a very little performace degrade. php-fpm normally needed only if you need multi php version enviroment.
when you install any control panel, unless you assign a dedicated IP to each website the direct IP access is not possible using http://167..0.0.0.0, you have to use domain name isntead or you can visit using http://167..0.0.0.0/~username

Side note: in CWP the default configurations is ok unless you need a special configuration.

cesareborgia

Oct 19, 2020
Did you just upload the files to the server and call it a day?
Or have you configure the database as well?
And well...Plesk make things easier.

TIKTIK

Feb 1, 2020
Did you just upload the files to the server and call it a day?
Or have you configure the database as well?
And well...Plesk make things easier.
problem fixed ))
i uploaded the files and database ... and then i adjust php ... etc..
i spent one day !

i have only one issue to solve ..
its about php version ..

im using centos 8 + CPW7

i want to install manually PHP 7.4

i run this command :

mkdir -p /usr/local/php-7-4 cd /usr/local/php-7-4 wget https://www.php.net/distributions/php-7.4.5.tar.gz tar zxvf php-7.4.5.tar.gz cd php-7.4.5

but im getting this error :

[[email protected] php-7-4]# wget https://www.php.net/distributions/php-7.4.5.tar.gz --2021-06-22 08:59:41-- https://www.php.net/distributions/php-7.4.5.tar.gz Resolving www.php.net (www.php.net)... 185.85.0.29, 2a02:cb40:200::1ad Connecting to www.php.net (www.php.net)|185.85.0.29|:443... connected. ERROR: The certificate of 'www.php.net' is not trusted. ERROR: The certificate of 'www.php.net' was signed using an insecure algorithm.

as you can see, the file is not been download .. because of certificate error ..