• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What is the best security plugin for WordPress?

Which plugin would you recommend based on your experience?

• Total voters

John.Doe

Jul 11, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking for a good security plugin for WordPress.

Every where I read about iThemes, Sucuri or Wordfense. But I think most of the good reviews depend on their marketing and the amount of commission within their affiliate program/network.

Is there someone who tested Shield Security Pro? Their features sound really good to me.

I'm open to new advice and would appreciate it, if you could share your experience with me.

My set is always Sucuri free + Cloudflare WAF&Page rules + server-side security settings. I use Sucuri free plugin mainly for onsite alerts. In this way, I could avoid the possible speed problems created by security plugins.

Reactions: John.Doe
iThemes Security, lighter and more stable than Wordfence, I never had a website hacked with it. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Reactions: John.Doe
Use DNS WAF, block all the attacks at the dns level and filter out the traffic, game is usually over if the hackers can get to your server already, they can even bring you down with a large DDoS attack.

I want to try wordfence but always heard mixed reviews about that. Shield security pro sounds interesting as well.

Following to get a better perspective from those who are willing to share... because of my confusion in choosing between Sucuri and WordFence

Shield Security Pro for me its the best security plugin so far on my end never had a problem and work as intended i really recommended
After reading what you suggested and how I've heard that WordFence slows down a site, I've decided to give Shield Security a try. Is the free version enough or would you recommend the paid version?

After reading what you suggested and how I've heard that WordFence slows down a site, I've decided to give Shield Security a try. Is the free version enough or would you recommend the paid version?
the free version is good but the pro gives you more option I recommended going for the pro version

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock