• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What is the best Moodle hosting provider?

tomhardy

Dec 10, 2020
Hi Folks, I hope you guys are doing well I need Moodle hosting for one of my clients my requirement are 100-5000 users, 100% uptime and one-click features like SSL certificates, CDN, Cloning and Staging environment.

I found this article really helpful as per my requirements: https://www.cloudways.com/en/moodle-hosting.php

what did you guys suggest me?

Thanking you in anticipation.

I don't know about that host, but from my experience and what I heard about Moodle, it's a huge CPU resource eater, so you will need a small VPS honestly as most shard hosting has limitations and Moodle kind of kills it. Hopefully that helps you on what your looking for.

I managed a moodle site with users just around 200 students. I use a VPS with litespeed web server, and host it on $12 Vultr HF and it works finely. The CPU statistics mostly under 30%, even when there are more than 100 people online at the same time. and even the VPS is shared with a low visitor wordpress site.

moodle can became huge CPU resource eater if you use it as video conferences or something else like that. The moodle site I managed is just used for file submission/sharing, forum discussion, and quiz so it's fine with low spec VPS.

Hi Folks, I hope you guys are doing well I need Moodle hosting for one of my clients my requirement are 100-5000 users, 100% uptime and one-click features like SSL certificates, CDN, Cloning and Staging environment.

I found this article really helpful as per my requirements: https://www.cloudways.com/en/moodle-hosting.php

what did you guys suggest me?

Thanking you in anticipation.
You need a custom scalable solution especially if you are looking at 5000 concurrent users. None of the hosting solutions you are thinking will be able to provide you a ready scalable package especially if you are on a low budget. 100 to 500 users you can handle with most hosting providers, but if you are looking at 5000 concurrent users and 100% SLA, you need some good solution otherwise you are looking into many problems. Let me know if you still need help on this, I have cloud engineers in my team that can setup a scalable solution if needed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock