• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Update plugins directly from Babiato?

whitetigerdk

Babiato Lover
Oct 24, 2018
Hi all.
I was wondering if the following would be possible for websites using resources from Babiato (WordPress in mind):
Make some kind of Babiato repository and the use some kind of plugin for WordPress that redirect plugin update check to this resource.
Then when update is found (on Babiato repository) the plug-in will update automatic from Babiato instead of developers own site.

Advantage: Building a site for client can be auto updated whenever there's a new update here.

I hope I explain this clear enough :)

Reactions: arpuuk
I'm sure it's possible but no one will do that because it will be to much work. Just download the zip and do it yourself it's that easy.

The best option to keep plugins updated automatically it's to actually buy them.

I'm sure it's possible but no one will do that because it will be to much work. Just download the zip and do it yourself it's that easy.

The best option to keep plugins updated automatically it's to actually buy them.
Serious question, how exactly do you update the plugin / theme without losing your settings? Do you just upload the new zip over the old one from wp-admin?

It can be done only if plugins are regularly updated on babiato.

Suppose i created a plugin for WordPress that will automatically updated all plugins you have used from babiato -

Now if ABC has uploaded a paid plugin name THIS and Version 1.1
ABC should upload new plugin version 1.2 as soon available -+
I am not sure if user can maintain this process and morover i notice plugins or other resources uploaded to babiato are stored on MAGA or DRIVE etc.

So its impossible unless plugins are hosted in public domain i.e direct download zips from addons.babia.to/repo/wordpress/this_1.1.zip

And keep in mind its not just changing a line of your php file- a lot of work has to be done.

REGARDS

Serious question, how exactly do you update the plugin / theme without losing your settings? Do you just upload the new zip over the old one from wp-admin?
Yes

It was the idea to host the zip-files myself..
Kinda like - Babiato get update -> update repository -> client auto-update from repository

Was mostly thinking of major plugins - like Elementor etc.
I would be easier if you have a line of clients to not have to login to each of their sites to update plugins manually.
I know that cheap license can be bought for Elementor ( @Medw1311 ;) ) But not all plugins have this option :)

Reactions: Medw1311
Most settings of a plugin will be stored within the WordPress database. So any plugin updates will not affect your current settings.

With themes, it's similar, but if you were to add custom CSS styles or custom PHP functions, it would be advisable to do that on the corresponding child theme for your main theme, if there is one. If your main theme gets updated, your custom CSS or custom PHP functions are retained, as they reside inside the child theme files.

Reactions: whitetigerdk
Just to add this is unlikely to happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock