Tech guys needed! need a wp saas/waas solution

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

stephfd21

Oct 19, 2018
You can pre-build websites with softaculous. Buy a reseller version of directadmin and pair it with softaculous.

Reactions: nobs

nobs

Babiato Lover
Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
You can pre-build websites with softaculous. Buy a reseller version of directadmin and pair it with softaculous.
Hi there
Thank you for your advice, but I think you missed my point, my plan is WAAS/SAAS (automatic system), as I explained.

In post #1
I wrote:
Client check designed wp websites, pick one, order, pay, the template/copy of that site is installed on a high-level VPS.

In post #13
I wrote:
User picks a wp pre-designed website (for mechanics as an example) > pay > get the wp site installed automatically exactly like the designed template > add the domain and voila!

Or do you mean direct admin has a way of doing that?
Care to share more.

Thank you.
Cheers.
NoBs

slvrsteele

Staff member
Null Master
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
Hi all
Update:
I kind of put this project aside for a while, but I'm back at it again... I need to have some kind of working BETA version in the next couple of months.

So...
1) For the system of separate WP installs with WHMCS:
I will contact the dev of "IBG App Installer" to request another trial, and especially get clear steps, because, as I wrote before, their knowledgebase/tutorials are a bit confusing.

2) For the system of WP MU sub-sites managed by WHMCS:
Contacting "WordPress Multi-Site Provisioning" dev too.

Cheers.
NoBs

I have read this thread and seen your questions and possible solutions. Either way this entirely depends on how you deliver.
Basically client come and see the list of your prebuilt templates and choose one. He decides on that then he goes to next phase:
details
- site name, admin user, admin password, domain (which can be one of your subdomains or his own domain)

This is what I didn't get:
"copy of that site is installed on a high-level VPS"
Basically you're going to use ONE VPS for ONE CLIENT or ORDER?

If you use ONE VPS/ORDER it comes to DNS records that have to be set prior installing website to point to the VPS, along with SSL certificates. Propagation is not instant.

Installing a copy of a current made website is the easiest task from your adventure. It can be automatized with a small script to do all the install needed and import data with prior entered details (name, admin).

Edit: if you do host everything on only one server there appear the security issues and traffic limits. The more websites less resources (memory, badnwidth) for each website.

Reactions: nobs and vcless

nobs

Babiato Lover
Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
Goo day
Thank you for your answer.

A) About:
This is what I didn't get:
"copy of that site is installed on a high-level VPS"

That was an idea I had at first... To offer a high-end automatic website (pre-designed and ready) hosted on VPS (1 VPS for each client), and since then, well, I discussed regular offers.

Basically, I'm open to:
1) WP mu but with separate databases for each sub-site.
2) One installed site on a single Cpanel account (regular).
3) One site on one single VPS as a high-end offer.
The only condition is to make it all WAAS (like shopify, wix whatever).

B) For:
It can be automatized with a small script to do all the install needed and import data with prior entered details (name, admin).

What kind of script?
Is it a one-time script that handles the automation of everything, or do I need manual intervention?

C) For:
The hosting and resources, etc, I've always given clients real resources, no unlimited resources bla bla bla etc, so we both agree on that.

Again thank you.
Cheers.
NoBs

slvrsteele

Staff member
Null Master
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
It remains the main issue: domain. It's going to be a domain or subdomain that you provide for client or the client come with its own domain?

nobs

Babiato Lover
Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
It remains the main issue: domain. It's going to be a domain or subdomain that you provide for client or the client come with its own domain?
Hi
In all offers, users will have their own domains.

Ps: at the exception of the MU that creates sud-domains, then domains must be mapped, etc.

Thank you.
Cheers.
NoBs

slvrsteele

Staff member
Null Master
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
Hi
In all offers, users will have their own domains.

Ps: at the exception of the MU that creates sud-domains, then domains must be mapped, etc.

Thank you.
Cheers.
NoBs
Check your DM inbox

stephfd21

Oct 19, 2018
Hi there
Thank you for your advice, but I think you missed my point, my plan is WAAS/SAAS (automatic system), as I explained.

In post #1
I wrote:
Client check designed wp websites, pick one, order, pay, the template/copy of that site is installed on a high-level VPS.

In post #13
I wrote:
User picks a wp pre-designed website (for mechanics as an example) > pay > get the wp site installed automatically exactly like the designed template > add the domain and voila!

Or do you mean direct admin has a way of doing that?
Care to share more.

Thank you.
Cheers.
NoBs
The high end level vps would be a bit of an issue. Instead of that, get a dedicated server and install directadmin on it, that way you can manage user accounts. You can then use softaculous for the wordpress installs.

You will then need to write a custom script that utilizes the directadmin api and the softaculous api, this can be done easily in php.

Your main website will capture all the info, such as user information, wp template and client site details. Once the client pays (I'm guessing via woocommerce), you can hook into the woocommerce order completed action and allow directadmin api to create a user and then have softaculous api to create the wp template. Softaculous may not be able to install them demo content for template so you can use the curl response from the api to target another script that will collect the data from the response and install all the demo content. << This last part might be a bit hard to accomplish but not impossible. An easier alternative to the last step would be to trigger an automatic email to the client relaying instructions on how to install the demo content themselves with a 1 click process.

Reactions: nobs and rachidjunk

Invokers

Nov 4, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have created just the right solution for people looking to integrate auto WP setup into their SaaS or just use it as as simple WaaS platform.

It's a WordPress Multi Tenant Solution.

1) To integrate it into your SaaS you of course you have to use the API. Here is the Complete API Doc:

2) Or you can simple use it as your WaaS platform. You can use Woocommerce Subscriptions, Gravtiforms or any other third party subscription solution. Maybe simply use Stripe totally depends on how you want it to design.

I have it running for many clients in production for about a Year now.

This is what one my client has built, They have integrate it into their SaaS platform.

1) Client select template.
2) provide some information.
3) Gets a ready made WordPress website totally customized based on the information provided on #2.

There is only one down side of this solution. It very expensive. To have to running on your own VPS or bare metal it will cost you around $15K to $20K.

Ahh and it only works with CloudFlare

And I understand this so that why I Worked up a solution, I am willing to sell this whole solution but on my own VPS servers without root SSH access. I have named it WaaS1.com - (Site is not live yet)

I am thinking to charge $50 - $100 per month and once you are making enough money I am willing to install it on your own servers AWS/GCP/DigitalOcean where ever you want.

If this is something you are interested in please let me know. I am attaching some of the Images of Multi Tenant Control Panel.

Some information about the Nodes setup: ( Obviously I am filtering out some of the information that I think will hurt my business I am about to launch)

1) Each node is made up off 2 separate servers - 1 APP, 2 - DB. I am using $6 droplet for APP and $12 droplet for DB. $6 Volume drive on APP. Total cost: $24 per starting node.

2) You will be able to add unlimited number of nodes to scale your platform horizontally.

3) You will be able to vertical scale any node (servers)

4) Full support of PHP 7.4 Opache + 8.0 OPcache JIT on all of the subsites thanks to Multi Tenancy. (This is my strongest selling point) For example you know all of your sites will have WooCommerce Installed. Lets say you have 100 subsites with 100 WooCommerce plugins installed. On PHP site of things it will only take space for 1 plugin - for both Physical Memory and Drive space. Saving your tons of RAM and inodes.

5) Git CI/CD support.

Subsite restrictions / Automated backsup / MainWP Automation / Template Clone to another node and much much more. you name it.

Working on the demo at the moment. It not complete but maybe by the time you check out this demo it will be complete.

https://woocommerce.demo-waas1.com/

This demo I am building is specifically for WooCommerce Subscriptions.

Love to hear your comments.
Thanks,
Erfan

Attachments

• CTRL-HOME.png
    CTRL-HOME.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 8
  • CTRL-Login.png
    CTRL-Login.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CTRL-Newsite.png
    CTRL-Newsite.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 8

nobs

Babiato Lover
Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
Hi all
Waow thank you all for the detailed answers, I'm very glad this technical thread got attention from experienced people.

I'm checking your answers one by one and will get back with, what I think will work for my target market.

For now, I'm still thinking of the old-fashioned stable, economic way, as MU has database sharing (not good), and as I already use WHMCS + Cpanel to provide Cpanel hosting, still thinking of modulesgarden WordPress manager (it has an option to clone any wp site (already designed) on the client domain, ps: during the order process = automatic).

Again, will check everything and get back to you all.
Thank you very much.
Cheers.
NoBs

Last edited:

slvrsteele

Staff member
Null Master
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
Just couple of remarks:
There is only one down side of this solution. It very expensive. To have to running on your own VPS or bare metal it will cost you around $15K to $20K.
Where did you get these numbers? 2 bare servers with pretty decent configuration ~100/month - 1200/year each with 8 physical core cpu, 32-64Gb RAM, 4-12TB of space. Now think how many you can host there using container apps.

1) Each node is made up off 2 separate servers - 1 APP, 2 - DB. I am using $6 droplet for APP and $12 droplet for DB. $6 Volume drive on APP. Total cost: $24 per starting node.
And for whole system there is k8s (kubernetes) to deploy container applications with own DNS managements. But for this you need to have knowledge of a sysadmin along with your programming skills.

You're welcome for getting your solution cheaper. ;)

Reactions: BlakenFist and nobs

Invokers

Nov 4, 2021
Where did you get these numbers? 2 bare servers with pretty decent configuration ~100/month - 1200/year each with 8 physical core cpu, 32-64Gb RAM, 4-12TB of space. Now think how many you can host there using container apps.
NO this $15K to $20K price is what I usually charge to a client for this kind of solution (Software). I am not talking about hosting or anything related to servers.

Now I know not many people can afford this price tag. I am about to start my business based around this solution but it will on monthly price. I am thinking about charging $50 to $100 per month and will be hosted by myself.

Once a business have enough clients to afford this price I will shift the complete solution to the client own servers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wawawa
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks