• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

SSD vs HDD

aadiimughal

Mar 22, 2020
Hi there I'm writing here for having help for vs HDD vs SSD
I have 4000+ cPanels accounts of my clients hosted on many hosting provider sites. all I want them in one place now.

if I choose a dedicated server for 5000GB with 32GB ram metalcore will this be good for me? need your valued support.

Reactions: whitebee
I personally won't host websites on HDD anymore. I will only use HDD servers for storage/backup. Especially when you gonna host 4000+ accounts. Where do you want your server to be located, and how many disk spaces do your current clients totally use?

Reactions: whitebee and mader
I personally won't host websites on HDD anymore. I will only use HDD servers for storage/backup. Especially when you gonna host 4000+ accounts. Where do you want your server to be located, and how many disk spaces do your current clients totally use?
thanks for your reply.. but when i talk with godaddy they asked me i can do do without any hassle and without any speed issue. i'm almost using 6TB storage totally

thanks for your reply.. but when i talk with godaddy they asked me i can do do without any hassle and without any speed issue. i'm almost using 6TB storage totally

In this case, I would suggest you to add an SSD/NVMe to an HDD server. Install the server and all services(especially httpd/nginx and SQL server) on SSD, and put all the clients' data on the HDD. At least an HDD server with an SSD cache would be better than a simple HDD server.

Regarding Godaddy, TBH, I would avoid any of its services.

Reactions: DJJigsaw
I dont know that your clients pay just "pure price" or you earn a little with hosting?
I dont know that your client's websites purpose is? Simple, corporate, ecommerce ?
Most hosting company selling "SSD" Disc storage but they dont want to mention about SSD's features (speed of reading/writing etc.)
Mostly selling HDD with powered SSD (kind of marketing tricks)

And if i were you i try to reseller package with good and reliable hosting company and i try to talk them for customer's numbers so they might be good discount for list price.
So you will not any hassle storaging, CPU and ram

Of course SSD is much more good option than HDD.
Is more faster, more speed available (write and read performance) is huge than HDD.

SSD is more expensive, but still be a good investiment. No one likes laggy servers, or low performance servers.
They want quality servers with reasonable prices.

HDD is great for Backup and Storage, like someone said above.
SSD is the way, websites load more faster and for the client that is a bonus, to stay with you.

IMO.

my server I upgraded to has 960GB SSD for primary then 6 * 4TB (3.6TB after formatting) = ~22TB and it's been good. clients are happy for solid server, haven't noticed lots of problems or anyone not happy with it. All been optimized and with Cloudlinux as well. So it's basically on your style of choice but SSDs are best, but with proper configuration and optimization it can be good with both combined.

OS and Server related files use nVME drives, for backup and other purposes you can still use ssd or hdd. Speed is important nowadays.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock