Someone is using .xyz domains?

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

dbb1981

Nov 6, 2021
Hi Community,

I just have a pretty stupid question about the .xyz domains.

Trying to get a domain for a classified ad website. All the .com domains are actually reserved or something is already on there.
I was thinking in getting a .xyz domain for it. I know it's still not a very common top level domain.
Do you guys think that a website ending with .xyz might be a bad idea?

Thanks a lot

d3v1l

Trusted Uploader
Dec 24, 2020
India
Hi Community,

Trying to get a domain for a classified ad website. All the .com domains are actually reserved or something is already on there.
I was thinking in getting a .xyz domain for it. I know it's still not a very common top level domain.

Thanks a lot
Don't and never use (.xyz) for main

nevenx

Trusted Uploader
Aug 4, 2018
Mars
hyiptemplates.net
If you type the keywords "HYIP templates" "responsive HYIP templates" "cheap HYIP templates" you will see one domain with .xyz on the first page. That was my site (I sold it for nice money)... for me .xyz is okay domain. I don't see any reason why not to use it.

d3v1l

Trusted Uploader
Dec 24, 2020
India
If you type the keywords "HYIP templates" "responsive HYIP templates" "cheap HYIP templates" you will see one domain with .xyz on the first page. That was my site (I sold it for nice money)... for me .xyz is okay domain. I don't see any reason why not to use it.
Bro I said not to use for main.....
See if dot com not available then you can go for dot net in 2nd priority.
I just not preferred xyz tld just because most of spammers use this tld for disturbance..

d3v1l

Trusted Uploader
Dec 24, 2020
India
That price isn't for that tld. The price has given to you for domain name, and SEO ranking of that domain.

flutter

Dec 14, 2020
if you like the word, then you can use the .xyz. if you have more money, then contact the owner of the .com and negotiate to buy it. btw, what's the domain? if i know the domain, it will help me tell you if its worth it to go with the .xyz or not. if it's a not-so-good keyword, then i'll advice you against it.

Reactions: d3v1l

Energy

Dec 19, 2019
.COM is king

.xyz is not an extension many people will remember. If someone visited a website but forgot which extension it was, they usually type in .com and if that points to a 404, then they'll try .net,.org then .co
The last thing they'll type is .xyz unless the website was unforgettable.

.xyz domains are selling for high values this year but that was never the case before. They were having trouble selling them for $1 last year. What set it rolling was Google purchasing abc.xyz for their Alphabet company. If you look at Namebio.com you can see the pubic domain sales and then filter by the xyz extension. Most of these domains are being purchased by other domainers and NOT end-users. You can see this by visiting any of the domains to check if they point to a valid website or not. Most do not which is indicative of the domains not being worth anything to most online users.

I believe this hype is temporary but we'll have to see what the future has in store for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v1l

Bcat95

Aug 27, 2019
I only use xyz for ad campaigns that go to the ladingpage from there pointing to the main domain .com or more popular domains. In addition, xyz is used for tools or utilities that have a traffic source that is not from SEO. xyz is cheaper for demo project or market research than long term SEO.

Reactions: Judge

Razzle

Dec 20, 2021
.COM is king

.xyz is not an extension many people will remember. If someone visited a website but forgot which extension it was, they usually type in .com and if that points to a 404, then they'll try .net,.org then .co
The last thing they'll type is .xyz unless the website was unforgettable.

.xyz domains are selling for high values this year but that was never the case before. They were having trouble selling them for $1 last year. What set it rolling was Google purchasing abc.xyz for their Alphabet company. If you look at Namebio.com you can see the pubic domain sales and then filter by the xyz extension. Most of these domains are being purchased by other domainers and NOT end-users. You can see this by visiting any of the domains to check if they point to a valid website or not. Most do not which is indicative of the domains not being worth anything to most online users.

I believe this hype is temporary but we'll have to see what the future has in store for it.
It seems like some of the sales on NameBio have live blockchain companies using them. Block's Spiral.xyz is one of them.

Razzle

Dec 20, 2021
I only use xyz for ad campaigns that go to the ladingpage from there pointing to the main domain .com or more popular domains. In addition, xyz is used for tools or utilities that have a traffic source that is not from SEO. xyz is cheaper for demo project or market research than long term SEO.
Google treats all domain extensions the same - .com is no better than .xyz for SEO purposes.

Dr_GreyHat

Jan 12, 2022
lassified sites are (unless it's a very specically targeted classifieds site) intended to target a broad spectrum of xyz - so my answer would be NO don't use that for this type of site...

consumers, who aren't reguarly exposed to conversations regarding gtlds' and who likely would nevery have heard of

When building a site that targets the broad non-domaining consumer base, such as yours, I would almost always go for the .com - in the rare event that nothing sensible in .com is available - I would go with another TLD, but make sure it has phonetic harmony (rolls of the tongue, easy to remember, sounds good) and don't rely on your own brain for this, run it by a couple people first.

That said 99.9% of the time, in your circumstance, the .com is the only way to go - you can think of something that's not taken

pitza

Dec 13, 2019
Hi Community,

Thanks a lot
It's bad branding-wise. Typically, this ending is not used by reputable companies. A lot of spam from this and other endings too. I bounce emails from .xyz back to sender.
I'd try to avoid it. This probably has changed meanwhile, I even had trouble getting SSL for another exotic ending.

pitza

Dec 13, 2019
Shoes with 2 stripes keep you as warm. People still buy Adidas.