• While creating requests or asking for support in the existing XenForo threads please maintain XenForo support policy strictly.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

SMTP on Xenforo - Emails are not working.

PabloLord

Trusted Uploader
Nov 7, 2018
Babiato
Hello,
I just switched to xenforor cms, everything is perfect, but SMTP is not working.
I tried all SMTP hosts, gmail/yandex/cPanel and some other. All credentials are ok, smpt details are correct but outbound email test respond:

1586167129015.png

Server error log

Code:
Swift_TransportException: Email to [email protected] failed: Connection could not be established with host smtp.yandex.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.yandex.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0) src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Plugins/LoggerPlugin.php:140

Stack trace

Code:
#0 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Events/SimpleEventDispatcher.php(152): Swift_Plugins_LoggerPlugin->exceptionThrown(Object(Swift_Events_TransportExceptionEvent))
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Events/SimpleEventDispatcher.php(132): Swift_Events_SimpleEventDispatcher->_bubble(Object(Swift_Events_TransportExceptionEvent), 'exceptionThrown')
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(361): Swift_Events_SimpleEventDispatcher->dispatchEvent(Object(Swift_Events_TransportExceptionEvent), 'exceptionThrown')
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(115): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_throwException(Object(Swift_TransportException))
#4 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(274): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
#5 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(395): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SmtpTransport), NULL, false)
#6 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(278): XF\Mail\Mail->send(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport), false)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionTestEmail(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(258): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'TestEmail', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

PHP:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/admin.php?tools/test-email"
  ["referrer"] => string(57) "https://-------.com/admin.php?tools/test-email"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/test-email"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["email"] => string(25) "[email protected]"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

PHPMail is working, but that doesn't matter because all mails are non-signature with phpmail.
I have working spf/dkim and 100% inbox delivery smtp but xenforo is reject all the smtp hosts.
Let me hear any one if able to resolve this, Thanks.
@Babak @CyberDeviL

Last edited:
hey bro i suggest use amazon ses smtp
also give u 62k free each month
also im using amazon ses for babiato forums

Reactions: Shield60
hey bro i suggest use amazon ses smtp
also give u 62k free each month
also im using amazon ses for babiato forums

am finding it difficult setting up this amason smtp, will be glad if you can help with procedures

am finding it difficult setting up this amason smtp, will be glad if you can help with procedures
did u register on amazon ? does your domain approved ?

did u register on amazon ? does your domain approved ?
i just register through the link you share above, no option for me to input domain or maybe i have not gotten to that stage.

i was ask to key in my credit card credentials, but am yet to do that, just want to no whether am doing the right thing or not

i just register through the link you share above, no option for me to input domain or maybe i have not gotten to that stage.

i was ask to key in my credit card credentials, but am yet to do that, just want to no whether am doing the right thing or not
yes u must add your credit card
62000 sending email each month are free

good day @Babak, i have verified my domain on amazon, have set every properly but still yet unable to received confirmation mail from registered user, what may be the cause?

"Sending email from an application hosted in Amazon EC2" need to be hosted the site on Amazon VPS?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock