• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Siteground is a scam

serka

Apr 20, 2020
Hi My siteground is expiring but renew is crazy expensive. A2 Turbo Boost for 3 years cost about £156 far cheaper siteground or any other decent ones. 3 years is big commitment. Turbo boosts has big promises. should i go for it?

Ignore what I said before about Siteground. Beware auto renews and it takes 2 weeks for them to refund your money

Last edited:
there a few out there as far siteground its one of the best my second one is fastcomet which work well there a trick were you order from siteground with another domain then add your domain again since they allow you to change your domain from the account I know it used to works with the second package no sure if they fix it

Dont go for any of the two, as a professional website optimizer, go for a dedicated server, they are as cheap as$10 a month

Hi My siteground is expiring but renew is crazy expensive. A2 Turbo Boost for 3 years cost about £156 far cheaper siteground or any other decent ones. 3 years is big commitment. Turbo boosts has big promises. should i go for it?
I suggest to consult with @Owners

• Love
Reactions: Owners

I guess i'll never understand the hype around Siteground. In the end, it's just a shared hosting with a huge price tag.

To be honest I used a lot of hosting service and siteground has been very reliable and fast. only reason I am looking for an alternative is very expensive renew price.
the link you shared. contabo looks like they have a website from 20 years ago. it puts me off. thank you anyway

I am using A2 from last 1 years and it’s working smooth. I have never faced any issue till now also cust support is awesome too. 🙂 go for it

I am using A2 from last 1 years and it’s working smooth. I have never faced any issue till now also cust support is awesome too. 🙂 go for it
Yes I was going to get today but their sale is over now almost double price

Reactions: Deepansh
To be honest I used a lot of hosting service and siteground has been very reliable and fast. only reason I am looking for an alternative is very expensive renew price.
the link you shared. contabo looks like they have a website from 20 years ago. it puts me off. thank you anyway

I believe they're a good shared hosting, but with the money they ask for, one could get a VPS, and by what you're saying about the renewal price, it seems it gets even worse.

As for contabo, yes, their website it's pretty bad and only recently i've tried them because..."well, it's only 6€!".
I've yet to use them as a production website, but until now, it's all good. Then, you have some feedback here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/contabo.de

If it's for clients, maybe yes, try another another hosting. But still, i would pop the 5€ to play around and check it out.

Mainstream options with ok solutions:
(Use the translator, as the prices are much lower here, and you can use the code STUDENT15 for 15% off + VPN in america to avoid the taxes)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, reason I wanted A2 was their NVMe Storage and Litespeed cache. A2 sale is over but I found Namehero hosting which provide similar things and cheaper than A2. I will research if they have legitimate reviews. Otherwise better price would try to go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepansh
I believe they're a good shared hosting, but with the money they ask for, one could get a VPS, and by what you're saying about the renewal price, it seems it gets even worse.

As for contabo, yes, their website it's pretty bad and only recently i've tried them because..."well, it's only 6€!".
I've yet to use them as a production website, but until now, it's all good. Then, you have some feedback here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/contabo.de

If it's for clients, maybe yes, try another another hosting. But still, i would pop the 5€ to play around and check it out.

Mainstream options with ok solutions:
(Use the translator, as the prices are much lower here, and you can use the code STUDENT15 for 15% off + VPN in america to avoid the taxes)

Hostinger is famous with their fake reviews on Trustpilot.
Contabo I think they will be okay but lacking of latest technologies. Still with that website I wouldn't give my money to them.

Word of wisdom, you will not get all these together Cheap, Fast, Secure, Good Customer service. You can usually find 2 together but not all 4.

Hostinger is famous with their fake reviews on Trustpilot.
Contabo I think they will be okay but lacking of latest technologies. Still with that website I wouldn't give my money to them.

Yet, they're all VPS with prices similar to the A2 shared.
Don't get me wrong, but it seems like you came here just to hear "yes, A2 is amazing", or in other words, for confirmation.

Want NVMe?

Yet, they're all VPS with prices similar to the A2 shared.
Don't get me wrong, but it seems like you came here just to hear "yes, A2 is amazing", or in other words, for confirmation.

Want NVMe?
ssdnodes.com
I did not come here to hear A2 is amazing otherwise I would already pay them. If you read properly I am talking about other hosting company too. This is forum you are here to discuss not try to sell something!!!
More like you came here to promote Cantodo all I see is your posts contains promotion.
If you are not interested to this subject move on, no one interested your Cantodo pushy selling techniques.

Last edited:
Do you realize there is something called post history? Where one can easily see this is the first topic i talked about contabo?

Or that i've already show you five different hosts, not just one.

And yes, i tought you were opened to suggestions, which was why i posted some.

Like i said, don't get me wrong, but since it didn't work, at least, don't create histories about what i post and just stick to the facts.

Good luck with your search for a new host.

Reactions: Loki
i have been using siteground for my website and i hate it... super slow load times during peak hours.... takes liek 8 seconds to load my page

i have been using siteground for my website and i hate it... super slow load times during peak hours.... takes liek 8 seconds to load my page

I went with guru hosting. they had litespeed server. speed went up to 96 from gtmetrix and fully loading time reduced to 1.1s. where it was 83 on siteground. their litespeed plugin setup took sometime but totally worth it. I would suggest you to go with a webhosting who has litespeed, they totally worth it. Siteground uses nginx which is slower

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-10 013337.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-10 013337.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 8
SiteGround has good service but they are pretty expensive and their package provide a very little amount of RAM. Guru Hosting is good and there are also nice companies in the Netherlands with really cheap prices and very fast servers. What is important for you?
Backups? Speed? Storage? Ram? Hosting big applications ? What are you going to use it in general for ?

SiteGround has good service but they are pretty expensive and their package provide a very little amount of RAM. Guru Hosting is good and there are also nice companies in the Netherlands with really cheap prices and very fast servers. What is important for you?
Backups? Speed? Storage? Ram? Hosting big applications ? What are you going to use it in general for ?

For me speed was more important.

I want to change my statement for Siteground is being good. Worst company I ever seen. They charged me 15 days prior my contract end. I told them I don`t want their service anymore. They cancelled. Still waiting for my refund. My bank confirmed today that they still hold my money. Never ever with them again. Guru hosting is amazing so far

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock