Sending an e-mail to the customer after the product update

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys,

i'm using advanced custom fields and when I changed or updated the custom field in a product, I want to send an e-mail to the user who bought that product, about the update in the product. How can I do this or with which plugin ?

There are different plugins for this, but none of them meet exactly what I want. also i use admin columns pro and change the custom fields i want like this without going into product details

i am waiting for your help.

Regards

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
If there is no plugin available then you need to do some custom coding...

you have to add the filter/hook in your `wp-content/themes/your-theme/functions.php` file and need to add custom code there, you can check below post

Reactions: Akbaba

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
I found a code like this, can I adapt it? The mail will only go to the users who bought that product.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

also this page

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
There is a little bit work inside this function, you have to do 3 things

1. compare custom fields with old and new values, if fields updated proceed to grab users and send email
2. fetch users from the database who bought this product
3. send emails to all users

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I do not have the website code/database otherwise i will do this custom work for you when i will get free time.

Last edited:

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
thanks mate,

there is a plugin here that doesn't fully work. The producer is not responding. has a problem.

As seen in the picture, even though the default value is set to enabled, it is not selected on the product page. maybe the latest version is not compatible with wordpress and woocommerce.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
This plugin can only check Woocommerce plugin fields and notify when those fields are updated.

ACF is a separate plugin installed in Wordpress and this plugin does not support ACF fields and cannot read ACF plugin fields. Therefore, when you update ACF fields, this plugin does not notify users.

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
So, can't I add an acf field I want to this plugin ? Is it adaptable ?

note: I fixed the error I mentioned now, but my php knowledge is extremely limited.

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
I don't think this plugin has the functionality to add and check custom fields.
Also it is very difficult to modify the someone else plugin, because it will required good PHP knowledge and experience.
If you can share the ftp details for the website, i will get the spare time from couple of days and do the needful for you.

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
hi @tzafar thanks for your help

I'm looking at the bnfw plugin. If I can create a customer role that has purchased any product for the notification mail, I think I will get what I want. When I try, an e-mail is sent when the update field is changed.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
I don't think users are automatically added to the customer role when they purchased the product. you need to do the custom work for it. And furthermore, even if they can be added to the customer role, still when you update any field in the product, the email will be sent to all customers, regardless of whether they purchased that product or not.

So this plugin still can't fulfill your requirements.

Akbaba

Trusted Uploader
Oct 21, 2020
Then I expect you to inform me about this subject in your spare time. : )

tzafar

Feb 12, 2020
if feasible please share the ftp details in PM and I'll do this custom work for you when I have free time.