• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Review: Watch A Movie (watcha.movie)

Titan

Jul 2, 2020
Space
watcha.movie
logo.png
https://watcha.movie

Screenshot_20210603-171340_Watch A Movie.jpg Screenshot_20210603-171345_Watch A Movie.jpg Screenshot_20210603-171357_Watch A Movie.jpg Screenshot_20210603-171410_Watch A Movie.jpg

How many copyright laws can I break ? Hmmm...
A lot of my site has recently been rebranded and redesigned, while much hasn't seemingly changed those of you who know me, know that I currently lead the development on Wovie Redux which allows me to have more "personal" customizations on Watch A Movie.

What sets Watch A Movie apart from other sites ?

I'm lucky enough in this world to been able to run this site as a hobby, I don't need the money and my time is free at the moment so the site is 100% advertisement free, in the future I only plan to provide preroll and maybe some banners but nothing spammy, ever!

How many movies and shows ?

Bare in mind that everything about this is provided by me, no auto embeds, no dodgy 3rd party inclusions, just me. So with that in mind there's currently 1400 Movies and 100 TV Shows with a total of 2000 episodes with more incoming in the future!

Website app ?

Watch A Movie has full PWA support which works for iOS and Android without having to go to Google Play or side loading an app, just open the site, click install and done! The website is fully mobile friendly.

Website URL ?

We currently have two domains in which you can access our website from, you can access us from...

Future plans ?

We have plans for Live TV as well as a live chat on all TV channels for people to communicate with, I don't only want a website, I want a community.

How does the site make money ?

I currently break even on the site most months, some recent months with the increase in traffic I've been in the loss, but like mentioned above I'm lucky enough to have a good job in life.

I do plan to make money though via selling ad spots on the website in which you can view the sales thread below...

Amy feedback let me know guys!

Last edited:
Recycled my old post in order to get some feedback on my new site. Also stops me creating more and more threads, especially when this one was dead.

I think it's pretty dope, man! Word of advice? Disable the right click entirely. Also disable the F12 keyboard shortcut to prevent source code viewing.
And if you plan on having ads, PLEASE don't use the obnoxious multiple pop-ups after a click..
Also, try to use a CDN like Cloudflare for faster loading times and better cache performance.
Love the site, man.

Another idea (if it's even possible) is to rewrite the ads code in htaccess to prevent adblockers from blocking them.. Dunno if I make any sense..

I think it's pretty dope, man! Word of advice? Disable the right click entirely. Also disable the F12 keyboard shortcut to prevent source code viewing.
And if you plan on having ads, PLEASE don't use the obnoxious multiple pop-ups after a click..
Also, try to use a CDN like Cloudflare for faster loading times and better cache performance.
Love the site, man.

Yeah the plan is, is to not use any spammy ads, It's going to be 5 second skippable prerolls and that's pretty much it.

The site is also served via cloudflare, I'm not fussed if people wanna steal the source code I'm literally giving it away for free if you check my https://watcha.movie/page/create-a-mirror page haha

• Love
Reactions: TheRyD3r and Noxium
I didn't mean by protecting the source code. I meant by leechers that might use your images and affect your site's performance.

Reactions: Full level
You'd hope for for $200 wouldn't you haha...

And that's true but I don't think it will be too much of a problem personally.
I like the way you think, man. Investing, in every aspect, begins with the self retribution of how it feels to begin with..

Watch A Movie

Watch a movie is a new site I've made as more of a passion project as opposed to a money machine, none of it is automated all the movies are provided by me so I can verify the quality of the movies as well as the links remaining active (Unless something happens to the host that is)

I picked the domain for it's simplicity as well as it gets the point across, you go to Watch A Movie, to well, watch a movie. So I registered https://watcha.movie.

I'm using doodstream as the video host with premium bandwidth in order to keep the video player spam ad free and I plan on adding my own video ads in, in order to recoup some of the money the premium bandwidth will cost me. I plan on keeping the site mostly advertisement free, as I mentioned it's more of a passion project as opposed to a money project so money ain't a big priority for the site.

Also I've promoted the ability to create mirrors of my site, by creating my mirrors tutorial.

https://watcha.movie/page/create-a-mirror

I'm still in the middle of setting up the files for this though.

View attachment 77487

Also I'm in the middle of creating an app for it, as well as social media which should all automatically gather the information from the site in order to promote it and get it into peoples hands.

Let me know what you think of the site, any improvements, any changes I'm happy for some feedback!
Superb design, but could u add the categories as a sidebar in ur homepage?
you know the ux is a pain. and if anything the ppl are lazy and they don't like to surf the dropdown menus and other pages so u'll lose some visitors

also the dark theme while superb and well recieved by many are not that good looking by some ppl so If u could make the default theme in light mode and add a button for dark mode will be better.

and those titles in main page need a description. it will attract more visitors and will lentghen their stay in pages

Watch A Movie

Watch a movie is a new site I've made as more of a passion project as opposed to a money machine, none of it is automated all the movies are provided by me so I can verify the quality of the movies as well as the links remaining active (Unless something happens to the host that is)

I picked the domain for it's simplicity as well as it gets the point across, you go to Watch A Movie, to well, watch a movie. So I registered https://watcha.movie.

I'm using doodstream as the video host with premium bandwidth in order to keep the video player spam ad free and I plan on adding my own video ads in, in order to recoup some of the money the premium bandwidth will cost me. I plan on keeping the site mostly advertisement free, as I mentioned it's more of a passion project as opposed to a money project so money ain't a big priority for the site.

Also I've promoted the ability to create mirrors of my site, by creating my mirrors tutorial.

https://watcha.movie/page/create-a-mirror

I'm still in the middle of setting up the files for this though.

View attachment 77487

Also I'm in the middle of creating an app for it, as well as social media which should all automatically gather the information from the site in order to promote it and get it into peoples hands.

Let me know what you think of the site, any improvements, any changes I'm happy for some feedback!
nice domain name :D

Superb design, but could u add the categories as a sidebar in ur homepage?
you know the ux is a pain. and if anything the ppl are lazy and they don't like to surf the dropdown menus and other pages so u'll lose some visitors

also the dark theme while superb and well recieved by many are not that good looking by some ppl so If u could make the default theme in light mode and add a button for dark mode will be better.

and those titles in main page need a description. it will attract more visitors and will lentghen their stay in pages

Thanks for the feedback, I've added top categories to the side bar now! I'll have a look at developing a light theme soon it's not too high on the list right now

Apps almost done, just finishing up a few extra bits, anyone able to get it on the playstore for me ?

I've also finished the create a mirror, all links should be working now so give it ago if you'd like a copy of the site.

I've also created a movie scraper, this will allow anyone to download and embed any movie from my site onto theirs the download links are through a link shortener because monies and embed links aren't for those that wanna embed em.

https://watcha.movie/scraper.php

1. I'm hoping you're already aware of https://www.webpagetest.org/.
2. The menu bar should be open by default for several reasons: number of clicks, visible content to users rather than hidden content, and I'm lazy :)
3. You can also try fonts from CDN.
4. just tried a text logo

1. I'm hoping you're already aware of https://www.webpagetest.org/.
2. The menu bar should be open by default for several reasons: number of clicks, visible content to users rather than hidden content, and I'm lazy :)
3. You can also try fonts from CDN.
4. just tried a text logo

I've not heard of that site, but I scored As on everything apart from security and first item paint, which are understandable considering it's a movie site with "unsafe" video hosts as well as plenty of images to load...

I usually use Google webmaster tools which scored it 98/100 desktop and 90/100 mobile which is also good enough for me :)

With the nav bar I chose to hide it to give more emphasis on the content, but also I personally believe nothing is free, free movies and shows still should require some effort, clicking a button to view genres is a very little ask haha

However I appreciate your criticism, I'll take on it board for other projects :)

Updated Thread with:

Additional information on the site as well as additional thanks for the logo design, again sorry it's taking me so long to send you your money :( .

Links to download the app if you wanted to test it yourself.

Updated Site with:

PWA Support
App on App Store
Fixed a few spelling mistakes
Fixed the create a mirror tutorial
Fixed images not loading when in foreign language
Fixed formatting issues when viewing on mobile
Fixed bug on nav bar where it would overlap content
Fixed bug on nav bar where it would snap into place as opposed to slide.

Updated Thread with:

Additional information on the site as well as additional thanks for the logo design, again sorry it's taking me so long to send you your money :( .

Links to download the app if you wanted to test it yourself.

Updated Site with:

PWA Support
App on App Store
Fixed a few spelling mistakes
Fixed the create a mirror tutorial
Fixed images not loading when in foreign language
Fixed formatting issues when viewing on mobile
Fixed bug on nav bar where it would overlap content
Fixed bug on nav bar where it would snap into place as opposed to slide.
Are you using any script ?

or your own customized script ?

Are you using any script ?

or your own customized script ?

Apologies didn't see this I'm using Wovie, I've since recoded a big chunk of it and re released Wovie Redux which is available to download on babiato...

Also I'm looking for one or two people to test out my API where you can auto embed movies and shows, there's currently 1500 movies and 1500 shows which for testers I'm offering 100% advertisement free for feedback and help testing.

Reactions: IsabelBathory
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock