• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

(Required Help) I m facing error regarding CRON. How can i solve this?

Indiweb

Babiato Lover
Trusted Seller
Oct 13, 2018
Heart
All my wordpress websites facing same problem at a time. Automatically cron service not working. all plugins that requires cron to work properly, all plugins down due to cron not working. WordPress Automatic Plugin requires cron to scrape news from news website in every 5 mins. but now not working, no news automatically posted on my website. and Wp rocket plugin also showing some error... see error msg below....
"The following scheduled event failed to run. This may indicate the CRON system is not running properly, which can prevent some WP Rocket features from working as intended:
  • Scheduled Cache Purge
Please contact your host to check if CRON is working.

Dismiss this notice."

i m using plesk control panel in my hosting.... i nothing changed in hosting and wordpress regarding CRON. automatically CRON error for my all wp sites.
Please guide me how can i solve this problem from all my wordpress sites?

Thanx in advance.....

Reactions: Loki
Why don't you contact your host for this? I think it's on the server side problem that they have to solve internally? If it was working properly before and suddenly not working, then most likely is your host's fault, so contact them with your problem.

I already sent mail to Host, but host support team saying "we found that there is no cron job in your schedule task. " add cron in ur plesk panel schedule task.... but i didn't add any cron task in schedule previously. just activate plugins and all plugins worked properly.

@Indiweb
which security plugins you use.
sometimes I had same issues with I themes Security Pro.
just disable & see it works.

Reactions: Indiweb
@Indiweb
which security plugins you use.
sometimes I had same issues with I themes Security Pro.
just disable & see it works.
i use Wordfence Security Premium... but not on all domains... some wp sites without any security plugin.... but all wp sites showing same error...

I already sent mail to Host, but host support team saying "we found that there is no cron job in your schedule task. " add cron in ur plesk panel schedule task.... but i didn't add any cron task in schedule previously. just activate plugins and all plugins worked properly.

your host might be right, check your wp-config.php and see whether you have the following line somewhere
define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);
if you don't see that line then you definitely are using default wp cron (not at server level). WP cron triggered and works with every visit to you site and a single site won't be interfering with another.

edit:
as to your problem, it might worth checking that maybe your wp cron file takes long to run and get terminated?

Yes , define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); this line is not present in wp-config file. but i never add / delete this line ever in wp-config. and everything was fine on all wp sites... but same time all sites showing this irritating msg " cron not working properly" and my automatic news site is down... 😔😔

again i sent mail to my host to check again from server side....

I meant to say that default wordpress installations don't have define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);
and use wordpress wp-cron.php to do scheduled actions.
Meaning, your host were probably right when they say that there was no cron job.

For the problem, I think you should check if wp-cron.php is accessible and wasn't modified.
Using cli you can try this command: "wp cron test"

or

use a plugin such https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-cron-status-checker/

• Love
I meant to say that default wordpress installations don't have define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);
and use wordpress wp-cron.php to do scheduled actions.
Meaning, your host were probably right when they say that there was no cron job.

For the problem, I think you should check if wp-cron.php is accessible and wasn't modified.
Using cli you can try this command: "wp cron test"

or

use a plugin such https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-cron-status-checker/
Ok I will try... and let u know... hmmm I will check WP-cron.php ,otherwise I will replace with wordpress original files. Thanx a lot...

And re-installation of wordpress from wordpress dashboard is not working... if I click ,it fails...and 404 type error page showing...
This problem is for all domains...

Reactions: o..
Ok I will try... and let u know... hmmm I will check WP-cron.php ,otherwise I will replace with wordpress original files. Thanx a lot...

And re-installation of wordpress from wordpress dashboard is not working... if I click ,it fails...and 404 type error page showing...
This problem is for all domains...
if you haven't made any modification to wp core files I think it best to replace all of it (wp core files).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock