• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[QUESTION] WordPress Speed Issue with Animated Gifs

OK my bad for Divi-based suggestion, I was mistaken by your own remark stating "the site actually uses Divi", so I thought your website was based on DIVI.
No worries, it was rather late.
Let's clarify the situation:
1) Your website isn't based on DIVI
Yes but, this particular page is NOT build on Divi, it´s an Event plugin.
2) You want to convert your Gif into videos
I want to convert the animated gifs on ANY format that allow me to still display the banner/image as the animated gifs without weighting 8MB and remain its quality (at some extent)
3) You know how to convert and store (possibly externally) your Gif in videos
If you´re talking storing those files in places like imgur, yes, I do.
4) You looking for a no-code way to insert videos in place of your current GIF images.
Or not a complicated one at least.

I played a bit with embeding the webm version of the gif after conversion using iframe and the performance was awesome!

0cd29eae3f55cfdfb01f01a850f3193e.png

60eef68a74ecde568f7d7d9311aa63fc.png

But, the only downside of this is the quality of the converted webm video. Still, I found this to be the best option thus far. Unless you know a better one.

Someone on a Facebook group recommended just build the animated gif as SVG but that requires coding which I don´t have the knowledge of.
Here's a 2017 tuto describing the workflow for one of these plugin.

Take care Bro
Thank, I will take a look

Take care Bro
You too sir, thanks for taking the time to reply!!

No worries, it was rather late.

Yes but, this particular page is NOT build on Divi, it´s an Event plugin.

I want to convert the animated gifs on ANY format that allow me to still display the banner/image as the animated gifs without weighting 8MB and remain its quality (at some extent)

If you´re talking storing those files in places like imgur, yes, I do.

Or not a complicated one at least.

I played a bit with embeding the webm version of the gif after conversion using iframe and the performance was awesome!

0cd29eae3f55cfdfb01f01a850f3193e.png

60eef68a74ecde568f7d7d9311aa63fc.png

But, the only downside of this is the quality of the converted webm video. Still, I found this to be the best option thus far. Unless you know a better one.

Someone on a Facebook group recommended just build the animated gif as SVG but that requires coding which I don´t have the knowledge of.

Thank, I will take a look

You too sir, thanks for taking the time to reply!!
Using Iframes seems overkill to me as HTML has a video tag to take care of videos.
Read carefully the tuto I sent you to understand how Feature Video plugins work and then search fo "wordpress video feature plugin" in Google to find some popular plugin that does the job

Reactions: RogerM
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock