• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Old Dog Still Learning A New Trick Or Two

jagsweb

Nov 20, 2020
Guess I never posted in here when I first joined but I guess better late than never.

I've created, built, managed, and sold businesses for over 40 years. I've been an e-commerce consultant going on for 25 years and have watched a lot of things happen. I was a beta tester for the original ppc on overture.com and numerous other features we all take for granted now. I built and grew a giant agency responsible for over 3.5 million product launches across 40 platforms over the years. A scary medical diagnosis in 2017 forced me to make some changes, and it was a great decision. I only consult, teach, speak, and train these days and love it.

I'll be a student until Im gone and love learning new things so here I am. This is a great site. I only need an internet connection to work and have clients all over the world so I could be anywhere working, which I love. I call Arizona home because my adult children live there as did I for a very long time.

People always ask what is the best advice Id give people just starting out, and it boils down to this. Become brilliant at the basics because everything else becomes easier, including success. Learn and treat SEO like you would a language or tying your shoe. When you put on your shoes, your hands tie the laces without thought. SEO should be just as natural and fluent for you. Everything gets indexed and has influence somehow, so everything you ever put on the web should begin optimized. Optimize the images at creation. If you are someone that just puts sh** up and says I'll come back to this later and optimize it.... later rarely ever happens, and when it does, the amount of work can be overwhelming. Make a little extra effort initially, and you will be light years ahead of everyone else. Everything matters! I can give numerous examples of earning millions of dollars in sales and profits from the smallest things we, like most people, could have ignored. As a service provider or freelancer, the easiest and fastest way to show results to a new client is by a/b testing. You should always be a/b testing, but, it is also the quickest way to win over any new client unless, of course, you pick the losing test to move forward with.

Welcome to Babiato, @jagsweb! Your vast experience in creating, building, managing, and selling businesses for over 40 years is truly impressive. We're glad to have an e-commerce consultant like you who has been a beta tester for the original ppc on overture.com and responsible for over 3.5 million product launches across 40 platforms. It's inspiring to hear that you made a great decision to consult, teach, speak, and train these days and love it.

Your advice on becoming brilliant at the basics and treating SEO like a language or tying your shoe is spot on. It's essential to optimize everything you put on the web from the beginning to be light years ahead of everyone else. A/b testing is a great way to show results to a new client and win them over quickly. We hope you enjoy learning new things on the forum, and we appreciate your valuable contributions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock