• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Odoo Enterprise?

At last, Thank you guys
Finally I installed Ubuntu and deployed the enterprise
But I still get a notification that the subscription expires in 1 month
I'm still worried and cannot trust to implement my business on it
Any idea to be rest assured?
u can see early msg on how to amend to code to avoid issue...

Reactions: starplatinum
Is this Odoo thing a solution for a single business? I checked their website and it's full of modules. Do you get those modules included? How exactly does this work and who needs it? Sorry, I just left the cave.

nicktarc, Thanks for sharing. this is a BIG deal.
This is very easy to null because source code is available and Python is simple.

1)
Technique->Systeme Parameters
database.expiration_date = 2051-02-20 01:38:07
If you do that, this will work for a moment and odoo cron job will override it with a 1 month trial database.

2)
You should override the cron job process to prevent odoo accessing the ‘database.expiration_date’ key.
The cron job process file is located in
odoo/addons/mail/models/update.py

3)
Additionnaly (not mandatory) you can remove the api url from the config file located :
odoo/tools/config.py

If you tell me how you deploy Odoo, I will write a patch to automatically do this.

Best.

w0.png

w1.png

w2.png
For point number 1, could you not use PostgreSQL's column and row security?

See stackoverflow post here for a good example by Neil McGuigan: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ns-from-being-edited-for-a-user-in-postgresql

Not sure if Odoo would work with this restriction in place so just a thought but quite am elegant solution if it doesn;t break anything.

Would still need to script the rest and stop Odoo calling home etc so only a partial solution (if one at all).. :)

Cheers!

See stackoverflow post here for a good example by Neil McGuigan: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ns-from-being-edited-for-a-user-in-postgresql

Not sure if Odoo would work with this restriction in place so just a thought but quite am elegant solution if it doesn;t break anything.

Would still need to script the rest and stop Odoo calling home etc so only a partial solution (if one at all).. :)

Cheers!
I tested it too many times and it worked fine

Reactions: frijj2k

Cheers!

Odoo developers didn't implement an Advanced security system, I think because, it can run On Premise,
6 months of test and it works very Well,

The PublisherWarranty class is very light so don't worry

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock