• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need VPS help

die2mrw007

Senior Developer
Staff member
Jun 4, 2020
India
www.gizmolord.com
I wish to setup a vps which should be faster and performance oriented. I am currently using AWS for my VPS requirement.

Which OS is best to install (opensource only... So please dont suggest cloudlinux)?
Ubuntu? Centos7? Centos8? Almalinux?

Next is panel.
I have decided with Cyberpanel+openlitespeed for 1 server and CentOs panel (cwp) for another server.

For the cyberpanel server I have gone with openlitespeed.
For the cwp panel, I need suggestion for which web technology I should go with for best performance.

Apache? Nginx only? Nginx+varnishcache? Litespeed?

Php default or php-fpm?

Please guide.

i like this setup:

1vcpu
3.75 or 8gb
10gb ssd (or more)
debian 10
nginx
varnish
php-fpm

i don't really like amazon because of its design, I prefer gcp.
however if you need help, you can call me.

Reactions: die2mrw007
ohhh, nginx can be very complicated for some users and much more difficult to understand when looking at the documentation, if this is your case, use apache!

ubuntu 20.04 / cyberpanel / openlitespeed.. best combo out performs nginx specially if hosting WordPress

i like this setup:

1vcpu
3.75 or 8gb
10gb ssd (or more)
debian 10
nginx
varnish
php-fpm

i don't really like amazon because of its design, I prefer gcp.
however if you need help, you can call me.
Many suggest to not use varnish as its for hole punching and this extra layer is not really required. Your feedback on this?

I would really recommend moving away from AWS. They suck in terms of speed. Use Linode or Vultr with Nginx + Redis any day for better speed.

Panels actually add a lot of junk (ahem ahem Cpanel/Plesk); if you're using WordPress and using it only for yourself and are a bit comfortable with the command line, you can use the easy engine. That way, you save yourself from the junk.

Many suggest to not use varnish as its for hole punching and this extra layer is not really required. Your feedback on this?
I use varnish only for some specific things within my infrastructure and not for the entire site itself. because it only supports http protocols, so only requests to the server are feasible, in your case I advise not to use it if you don't need it exclusively.

I would really recommend moving away from AWS. They suck in terms of speed. Use Linode or Vultr with Nginx + Redis any day for better speed.

Panels actually add a lot of junk (ahem ahem Cpanel/Plesk); if you're using WordPress and using it only for yourself and are a bit comfortable with the command line, you can use the easy engine. That way, you save yourself from the junk.

I wish to use wordpress and forum softwares like maybe xenforo or Invision Board with the setup. So panel seems handy I guess and Centos panel (cwp) mentioned in their website that its the lightest panel.

Nginx + fastcgi + redis.... Hows this combination will be? Php-fpm

Also what should be taken care of in the wordpress and Invision board setup issues if any when shifting from litespeed to nginx environment? Heard htaccess is not available in nginx and many plugins rely on htaccess in wordpress. How it can be taken care of? Any inputs?

It says you need to restart server for each changes to take effect in openlitespeed. How it will impact actually? Can u explain?
not much, this only applies to fundamentals changes, there are scripts avail which will perform automatic restarts after changes for example .htaccess change. A well spec vps will restart fairly quickly and its something we have not ever had to worry about.

I wish to use wordpress and forum softwares like maybe xenforo or Invision Board with the setup. So panel seems handy I guess and Centos panel (cwp) mentioned in their website that its the lightest panel.

Nginx + fastcgi + redis.... Hows this combination will be? Php-fpm

Also what should be taken care of in the wordpress and Invision board setup issues if any when shifting from litespeed to nginx environment? Heard htaccess is not available in nginx and many plugins rely on htaccess in wordpress. How it can be taken care of? Any inputs?
If you're looking to make a forum, you can still use WordPress. WordPress can have really great forum features. It's always recommended to use the same software for different applications. If your WordPress installation and the forum installation become big, I can bet you that managing two different software will be very painstaking and difficult.

I haven't used anything with Redis, but I know a few people who do, they say great results, but I can't personally vouch against that. I like to keep things simple.

For the plugins I have used, I have not seen any issues per se. Indeed, Nginx doesn't have htaccess, but you can always convert them to rewrite rules and add them in the Nginx configuration file. Most plugins nowadays come with Nginx support out of the box because big players like Kinsta use full-stack Nginx.

If you're still unsure, you can always use Apache+Nginx, but a full Nginx stack is always recommended because Apache requires a $50-60 server to do what NGINX can do with only a $10-15 server.

I answer all of these with only the view of WordPress, and It may be different for other software.

If you're not comfortable with the command line itself, you can use something like ploi.io, and it's great, simple and lightweight. I think it's better than CentOS Panel, CentOS Panel is despised for its bugs

I am about to buy below configuration

• 4 CPU
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 100 GB NVMe SSD Disk
  • unlimited traffic
  • 1 GBit Line
  • Almanya/Hetzner
Centos 7
Cpanel&Whm

I installed 2 wordpress and one html . Thats all

Edited : due to grammer mistake.

Last edited:
I am about to buy below configuration

• 4 CPU
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 100 GB NVMe SSD Disk
  • unlimited traffic
  • 1 GBit Line
  • Almanya/Hetzner
Centos 7
Cpanel&Whm

I will installed 2 wordpress and one html . Thats all
For just wordpress and one html why are u investing that much? Instead try cwp panel by centos guys.

For just wordpress and one html why are u investing that much? Instead try cwp panel by centos guys.
For me, the cost is not too high. 203 USD / year. You are right CentOS Web Panel can be used, it is free,10 years ago I have started with Cpanel and now I continue to go on with it.

This company is Turkish and maybe you know the Turkish lira is losing its value against USD or Euro. You can check it below ;

https://www.hostlab.com/premium-vds

you will ask me the quality of this company service , Regarding forums, seems good and I bought one , I will check then write here again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock