• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need help on server setup for high traffic website

Jordo345

Mar 22, 2020
Paris
Hello, i have 1 server setup on debian/ plesk
only 1 website on this, ( wordpress )

But i thinks i'll have soon 100k / view per day
and i want to optimise before it happen

does someone know how to setup correctly ?
thanks

What is your site about

How are you expecting to get 100k views a day

You will need more then 1 dedicated server for that many views and LB

A vps wouldn’t be a good choice to handle them many views

Well optimised WP site can handle this much traffic on VPS but just about

thanks

I can optimise your site to handle this for $10, contact me if interested. However the optimisation I do will increase your SEO results rapidly so you will have to upgrade to dedi anyways

Reactions: Jordo345
Well optimised WP site can handle this much traffic on VPS but just about

I can optimise your site to handle this for $10, contact me if interested. However the optimisation I do will increase your SEO results rapidly so you will have to upgrade to dedi anyways

Wordpress isn’t the problem that part is easy lol

I was thinking he has a small vps like 2 core 4 ram and that wouldn’t be enough to handle 100k a day views

You need a hardware upgrade. Software tweaks at 100k views won't do much. From a personal experience.

thanks
don't deal with anyone who claims to optimize and shiz, babiato won't be responsible for it.

All alright, kiddos, sit down now, please :D ( joking don't get mad. )

Firstly you need to sure your content is changing or not? What I mean by that, are there any private things for the user? Like a checkout, my account, order-received - thank you page? Any cookies? UTM parameters? Query strings?

Those are determining your server resource... And of course, bloated freaking bad coded plugins with the like 80 years all grandfather no energy walking theme or page builder? Jquery? fontawesome? Fonts? God shakes. There are so many things. I was going to forget that control panels are sucking server resources, FYI...

I can easily tell you using an AWS free tier ( t2 Micro ) 1vcpu1gram ( little CPU burst, I mean, if you burn CPU too much AWS fucking freeze the VPS :D I swear ),
With Nginx + FastCGI + Redis object cache
can handle ( CACHED HOME PAGE ) 1000 CONCURRENT User, it means 24hX60m=1440mX1000=1,440,000
RESPOND RATE IS 60MS with default 2021 theme with 1000 word 3 gifs 15MB total size.
The server even not sweating....

sh** 1 n half-million page view?
Yes...

So the prescription is :

OS
Ubuntu 20 Fossa

APP
  • Nginx (with HTTP/2 enabled) 1.18
  • PHP-FPM 7.4
  • MariaDB 10.4
  • Redis 5.0
  • WP-CLI
  • Certbot (for Let’s Encrypt TLS/SSL certificates)
  • UFW (firewall)
  • Fail2ban
VPS
AWS t3SMALL - 2vcpu 2Gram for a cached page home page. www.myunclefuckmyass.com - around 20bucks
AWS c5xlarge - 8cpu 16gram for a dynamic page with subdomain - account.myunclefuckmyass.com - around 80 bucks

CDN
Cloudfront
2 Distribution
assets.myunclefuckmyass.com - JS CSS origin pull from your site.
cdn.myunclefuckmyass.com - your hot video and images pulled from the s3 bucket. Not ORIGIN!

Plugins must have
EWWW Image Optimizer
Query Monitor
Server IP & Memory Usage Display
WP Control
WP OPcache
FluentSMTP – WordPress Mail SMTP, SES, SendGrid, MailGun Plugin
SpinupWP
Perfmatters
WP Offload Media + Assets
NEW ( Presta player ) very good for your lovely video.

and some performance optimisations fonts css js bla bla.

1. Tweak WP Config PHP files for more performance.
  2. Tweak PHP in + PHP FPM
  3. Tweak Nginx
  4. Tweak MariaDB
  5. Tweak Redis

if you don't have a budget, even if you have :) try to get AWS credit 1350bucks
good luck, some friend said it is hard to get. but this one 300AWS is easy to get.

Or you don't want to manage or not techie guy or not willing to learn or you are a business owner and don't giwefuck please go with managed hosting... but don't use pleskkkk...........or another control panel.
Are you a hosting provider? If no, then don't use it...

good luck. Send me some links your favorite video in website :D

I forget to mention about Opcache.
You should also tweak opcache for non cached page for a second vps.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock