• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need Help in deciding hosting

Snowflakes786

Trusted Uploader
Apr 14, 2021
I have recently got a requirement from a client. I want some suggestion on which type of solution should i go for?

1. Total No. of websites: 250
2. Each domain needs to have a separate cPanel account
3. 5gb Disk space per website
4. All websites use WordPress
5. Server Location: India.

What do you guys think?

try looking for reseller

decades ago ..there is a whm alpha reseller... that will count only 1 account for many account
i dont know today

alternative: cyberpanel, cwp, directadmin
Alpha Reseller does not exist anymore after cPanel started charging on a per-account basis. If there are, they might use Shared Licenses, and can be risky.

Alpha Reseller does not exist anymore after cPanel started charging on a per-account basis. If there are, they might use Shared Licenses, and can be risky.
Shared license is too safe until the data center didn't reported by software owner.
Almost local hosters are with shared licenses.

I have recently got a requirement from a client. I want some suggestion on which type of solution should i go for?

1. Total No. of websites: 250
2. Each domain needs to have a separate cPanel account
3. 5gb Disk space per website
4. All websites use WordPress
5. Server Location: India.

What do you guys think?
I will answer your question the best as we can.

1. You will need to buy dedicated server with cPanel, 128GB of RAM or more will be enough, even with 64GB RAM is possible if you use a decent web server like Nginx + Caching or OpenLiteSpeed Web server, Litespeed is better than openlitespeed make your research

2. You need to buy cPanel license in dedicated server or you can use DirectAdmin is very similar to cPanel and more cheap.

3. With dedicated server, unless you buy web hosting shared 1 by 1 until reach 250 websites..

4. Fine, just optimize it with caching and image compressing

5. It will be difficult most of providers in India are resellers of OVH etc, not saying you can't find. The price won't be cheap for 128GB RAM or more.

I suggest you to make a research. And always check if the servers are located in India or not. ;)

Best Regards,
Alexhost

I will answer your question the best as we can.

1. You will need to buy dedicated server with cPanel, 128GB of RAM or more will be enough, even with 64GB RAM is possible if you use a decent web server like Nginx + Caching or OpenLiteSpeed Web server, Litespeed is better than openlitespeed make your research

2. You need to buy cPanel license in dedicated server or you can use DirectAdmin is very similar to cPanel and more cheap.

3. With dedicated server, unless you buy web hosting shared 1 by 1 until reach 250 websites..

4. Fine, just optimize it with caching and image compressing

5. It will be difficult most of providers in India are resellers of OVH etc, not saying you can't find. The price won't be cheap for 128GB RAM or more.

I suggest you to make a research. And always check if the servers are located in India or not. ;)

Best Regards,
Alexhost

Sorry, but simply no.

If there is a single website on this serve using Wordpress and with more than 1000 unique visits a day, the whole hypervisor will struggle. RAM alone is not the way to go. You will need a really good CPU with a lot of cores and threads.

You want to use cPanel? You will have to go with nulled if you dont want absolutely USELESS costs.

Also checking location is not only enough, many providers just modify their BGP sessions to reflect a different country, which won't make your latency magically good. Routing is also a very important aspect to check for, or you will end up with cheap and slow routing like OVH allowing spoofing although using VMACs to prevent it. (which will indeed affect you too)

Unless you know which websites they want to host, go and get 4 different servers with good cpu and ram and an SSD to make sure you have some sort of load balancing.

Sorry, but simply no.

If there is a single website on this serve using Wordpress and with more than 1000 unique visits a day, the whole hypervisor will struggle. RAM alone is not the way to go. You will need a really good CPU with a lot of cores and threads.

You want to use cPanel? You will have to go with nulled if you dont want absolutely USELESS costs.

Also checking location is not only enough, many providers just modify their BGP sessions to reflect a different country, which won't make your latency magically good. Routing is also a very important aspect to check for, or you will end up with cheap and slow routing like OVH allowing spoofing although using VMACs to prevent it. (which will indeed affect you too)

Unless you know which websites they want to host, go and get 4 different servers with good cpu and ram and an SSD to make sure you have some sort of load balancing.
I think you quoted the wrong guy.

When I said RAM, obviously CPU (Cores) is important. I'm not wrong here.

OVH doesn't filter internal traffic that's why some of OVH servers are used to host booters and stressers and takedown other websites hosted with OVH.

I think you did a mistake when you quoted me right? I know ping, peering and IXs are important. But that also will depend in lot of things.

Nulled cpanel is a good way to be hacked... And get troubles with customers. Since you can check if license is valid or not.

I think you quoted the wrong guy.

When I said RAM, obviously CPU (Cores) is important. I'm not wrong here.

OVH doesn't filter internal traffic that's why some of OVH servers are used to host booters and stressers and takedown other websites hosted with OVH.

I think you did a mistake when you quoted me right? I know ping, peering and IXs are important. But that also will depend in lot of things.

Nulled cpanel is a good way to be hacked... And get troubles with customers. Since you can check if license is valid or not.

How would a nulled cPanel open a security issue for you?

I meant to quote you, you said RAM, he is not as experienced and will think this is the only factor, which is clearly wrong.

Also as a hosting provider you should be aware of load balancing and shouldn't recommend people to put 250 Websites on a single server. Additionally to that, please check your own Serverconfiguration too, you disclose your Backend which is not really professional as a hosting provider.

Got to say, impressive that you have your own ASN though, don't want to attack you, just clarify a bit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock