• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need advice with a "Parent Community and Forum" script

kikirikimiki

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Babiato family,

I am trying to solve a seemingly ever trailing issue that my son's school has, and that's a parent community forum that is taking a year already to be built and it is still "Under Construction" - and it would be friggin' useful to already replace the whatsapp group with something more resourceful. So - long story short - small community school with basic communication needs - they have a newsletter and it comes in horrendous formatting every week - small primary and elementary school communication between school and parents and between parents themselves.
First thought was this very forum script - XenForo - since I basically live on it on daily basis thanks to Babiato, but there might be a learning curve for all them nontechnical teacher and parents that might be intimidating - I am thinking. Or maybe not.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To everyone making it so far thank you for being part of this community ! And @Babak thanks again and again for your continuous effort of keeping this community alive and relevant!

For the newsletter, it should be sent externally with a tool like MailChimp or Sendinblue etc.

Reactions: ckeeper
For the newsletter, it should be sent externally with a tool like MailChimp or Sendinblue etc.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm taking care of that part too - I'll SendGrid them and will teach the teachers how to integrate their newsletter into a workflow that will be intuitive for them.

A year to built a forum for a small school wow. Anyway, if you want it to be intuitive to use for most non-techy users, I'd go for a forum plug-in on WordPress, e.g. Asgaros Forum.
Thank you for your reply! I am considering WP and some forum plugin - thank yu for your suggestion - being quite in my wheelhouse - but being outside of the loop when it comes to other scripts I just wanted to make sure I am not missing out on something slightly better (?)

Thanks again!

I would recommend in looking for a complete school solution, if you kindly search school in this forum you will see bunch of scripts that can handle many alma matter functionality. If you want just a simple forum, look here

Reactions: kikirikimiki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dongdude
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock