• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Meta "no-referer" or re-direct script or...

Miksu Petsku

Sep 24, 2020
Europe
I want to hide my own page information when I link to other pages.

Which of the following options is best and why?

1. Use an external re-direct site
2. Use the <meta no-referer> (can this be 100% trusted?)
3. Make and use your own re-direct script

:unsure:

• <meta name = "referrer" content = "none"> - You ensure that the data is not sent when the code is under this name.
  • <meta name = "referrer" content = "none-when-downgrade"> - When you use the code in this way, you only ensure that data is sent to HTTPS sites.
  • <meta name = "referrer" content = "origin"> - When you use the code in this way, you will bypass subdomains and directories and ensure that only the data of the main address is sent. Even if the data will go from emreallison.com/seo, only emreallison.com will appear.
  • <meta name = "referrer" content = "origin-when-crossorigin"> - When you use the code in this way, the address is sent exactly to sites that use the same scheme, whether the site is HTTP or HTTPS. In other cases, it goes as specified in article 3.
  • <meta name = "referrer" content = "unsafe-url"> - When you use the code in this way, the URL string will be sent as the referenced source data as it is. If the URL addresses contain valuable information (such as username and password) they will all be transmitted as source data. For this reason, it is not a very reliable traffic data transmission option.
The meta referrer tag is very useful because the data flow can be maintained through sites. The web environment to be a place as desired depends on the data streams. With this tag, marketers will be able to keep seeing where the data is coming from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AHMED_ASIF
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock