• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Looking for wordpress plugin or any other solution to make multi vendor type platform.

xeric

Apr 5, 2019
This project does not require ecommerce. Solutions without e-commerce are okay for this.

So basically, the concept of the site is this:

It's very similar to a multi vendor platform, without the e-commerce aspect of it.

Let's say person 1 makes a payment to me of 50$ and person 2 makes a payment to me of 100$. These can be offline payments, bank transfers or anything else.
After that either I create an account for person 1 and person 2 or I send them a link to make an account for themselves.

After making their accounts, they should be able to make product listings. Person 1 should not be able to see the items that person 2 has listed for sale and vice versa.
Since Person 1 paid 50$ and Person 2 paid 100$, Person 2 should be able to list 10 items and Person 1 should only be allowed to list 5 items.
The items being listed by the vendors do not need to be sold through the website. Instead of a Buy Now button, there needs to be the contact information of whatever vendor listed the item for sale.

The plugin/platform should be scalable to add more vendors.
I'm aware of Dokan but I'm not sure if it would fit my needs since I do not require E-Commerce for this. Also, I'm not sure if I can limit how many items each vendor is allowed to list in Dokan.
The solution doesn't have to be a Wordpress plugin. I'm open to other solutions as well. Even an entirely different platform than woocommerce.

I appreciate any tips in the right direction.

Person 1 should not be able to see the items that person 2 has listed for sale and vice versa.
It was going well (as a Classified Ads Listing Website) until you added this part.

What's your aim? What if person 2 logs out and visits the website as a guest? Won't he see the product person 1 uploaded?

What's the logic behind this thinking?

FB_IMG_1611171324105_1.jpg

It was going well (as a Classified Ads Listing Website) until you added this part.

What's your aim? What if person 2 logs out and visits the website as a guest? Won't he see the product person 1 uploaded?
I don't know lmao. It was a requirement. I'll be sure to ask that question tomorrow.

In the meantime, for the classified Ads listing website, what platform would you suggest for it? Would Wordpress be fine? Or something else? And being able to limit the vendor listings is very important

What's the logic behind this thinking?
I think I misinterpret and what they were trying to say was that on the backend, in the admin panel, the vendors should not be able to see each others products. Not on the front-end. If they can see it on the front-end, that should be fine.

I think I misinterpret and what they were trying to say was that on the backend, in the admin panel, the vendors should not be able to see each others products. Not on the front-end. If they can see it on the front-end, that should be fine.
Okay, they won't be able to see it on the backend.

You can also create payment plans and assign restrictions/limits.

Try searching for "Classified Ads" on Babiato, you can use WordPress or Laravel.

Reactions: xeric
Okay, they won't be able to see it on the backend.

You can also create payment plans and assign restrictions/limits.

Try searching for "Classified Ads" on Babiato, you can use WordPress or Laravel.
Thanks. That seems like what I was looking for but could not think of the correct word "classified ads" for it.

I have contacted a couple of theme developers asking if I will be able to manually assign a package to a user through the backend if they pay me through cash or other methods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock